Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i have a 1975 honda mt250 elsinore and i'm trying to get it running and i do but then it gets into hi rpms so i turned it off and played with the needle and slides the door in the carburator is returning to idle position so i go to turn it on again but this time it just shot up to extremely high rpms screaming i flipped kill switch kept running, i pulled the spark plug kept running i pulled the seat off and covered the air intake which finally killed it i have no idea what would have caused this and i have no idea how to get it not do that next time i fire it up.

· Premium Member
8,511 Posts
Full choke if I remember correctly. You may have an air leak from the crank seals, or on the intake side of the carb. The spark plug gets hot enough and it glows, which is enough to provide spark for the fuel air mix. The 450 Kawasaki 2 stroke was the most famous for this. Your engine was not. So something is wrong.

UK

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.