Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I just spoke to DMV NY, and they confirm that even if I bring my bike on a trailer, I still have to bring a guy who has a motorcylce license. She explained that if for some reason during the test, if I am unable to ride it, someone else with a motorcyle license will be needed to bring it back to the trailer. So trailer or no trailer, I ride it to the test location or not, another guy with a license has to be there with a car to drive the testing officer around. !!!! Pretty harsh rules in NY.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just need a license

AikinutNY,
I know how to ride (I rode almost 4/5 years), just need to get my license. MSF courses are heavily booked not to mention they are almost 300$ in almost all schools, which is 300$ for nothing in my case.
Sandy

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Wow Sandy, that's crazy! I guess that's why the MSF courses are so booked up.

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
Sandy here is another suggestion, you must have a bike dealer around you. Go there and stalk the place out and ask someone. I personaly would go during daytime hrs and ask person that might look as though they are at the retirement age, only because maybe then they are not on a tight schedule.Offer lunch and or gas money.

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
LOL, I was just thinking maybe there is a chance that they are not on a time schedule and would like something to do for a afternoon...no?

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Don't go stalking me. I am retired and would find that offensive. I have been MC licensed for over 45 years and might support you if you just asked for help up front but not if you are hanging out in a dealership to try to catch me there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanx people... I found an amazing person who drove 70 miles to help me out... And I PASSED !!!! Yeah !! I did clumsy figure eights but it didnt matter... The roads of NY, route 9, country roads, here i come.... I have lusted after you for 15 days since I bought my bike.... I am so happy......

·
Registered
413 Posts
I just noticed this thread, oops. You've gotta be working at global foundries then if you're up in malta. At least that's my guess. I'm from the area too. Lots of good roads. Hope you enjoy exploring upstate NY! Weather is fantastic today.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thanks j2look, Ramsfan87, MONI, cmonSTART and Paula.
Paula its a he not a she. :)
You are right Ramsfan87... See you someday on the roads.....

·
On The Road Again!
3,270 Posts
Hey Willie, look at the date on those posts before you respond to them.
That was posted seven YEARS ago. Most of those people are no
longer here. It's a "dead thread".

21 - 38 of 38 Posts