Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Noob here :( Looking at getting my first cruiser. Yes I have taken the MSF course, took on a kawi 250 Super Sherpa dual sport. pretty fun.

THe bikes I am shopping for are as follows:

2003 Honda Shadow Spirit 750, 18k miles. Looks in very good condition, has that blueish purple flame job, has kuryakan Intake and Vance and Hines straight shots exhaust.

Another is:

2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100 custom, stock exhaust, stock bike, 4500 miles. Super clean, no aftermarket doo-dads.

I will be using this for highway and in town driving. Prob not much more than 1-2 hours commute on a highway. For reference I am 6', 190, with a 34" inseam. So I have fairly long legs and arms. Would either one of these be a decent choice, or perhaps have a benefit over the other. I know I have read about the oil changing being more of a PIA with the yamaha, even though they sell that relocation kit.

As far what mods I would do, prob just add ape hangers, maybe lower a little. Solo seat. Thats prob about it. And yes I have browsed many a forums! Lol. Both of these bikes are basically identically priced at 2k. And yes obviously one is a little bigger engine. :biggrin:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts