Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a buddy of mine " 2001 Triumph Daytona 955i" and the problem is not only am I beginner but I also have trouble reaching both foot on the ground. I am at 5'5 with shoes on. So whenever I panic and stalled at the light/stop sign I will drop my bike. Are there any advices ,beside practice and practice, on being comfortable and not drop the bike ? I am consider lowering it but I don't know if spending $500+ to get 2 inches off is worth it. I believe the current default seat height is 31.5". The other alternative was getting a custom fitted seat that has less padding and should give me another 1-2 inches off. Please let me know what you think, and Thank you.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Does not Fit

As was stated by a very famous Lawyer several years ago,
If it doesn't fit, you must Quit!
Find a bike that feels correct for your stature.
It is important to have contact with the ground as you come to a complete stop.
It may be worth while to find a trade for your Triumph.
There are guys out there that would give you a deal on another bike that would fit your needs.
The only other option is to install a lower seat to ease the inseam measurement issue you have.
Do not cut to fit on the frame or shock mounts because it will devalue the motorcycle.
Best of luck with your decision.
77/7

·
Nightfly
4,598 Posts
I'm perplexed as to why you would not have discovered you're too small for the bike before making the purchase. As 77 said, you have two choices, or maybe some big elevator shoes.

·
Registered
71 Posts
don't throw good money after bad. you made a mistake, now is the time to rectify it.
sell and buy a bike that fits.
since you bought it from a buddy i am going to assume that you didn't get ripped off, price-wise, so this should be fairly painless.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts