Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't believe this belongs in any one category, so I decided to post it here.

I have a 2008 Suzuki C50 that several years ago developed a back knocking sound after riding it too hard (was late for work). After hearing the knocking, I did a valve tune and oil change. This did nothing. Well eventually I pulled the motor and cracked into the upper and noticed scuffing in the cylinder walls and slightly warped pistons. In my stupidity i chocked it up to a lack of oil since I was was on the throttle so hard. I had the cylinders bored and honed, and installed a new set of 0.5mm oversized pistons. Slapped everything back together, and low and behold the knocking is still present. I'm leaning towards a bad cam bearing in the lower.

I haven't worked on the bike in almost two years. It has 6500 miles and just sits in my garage. I don't want to crack into the lower as I'm not familiar with that process, and honestly don't give a **** anymore. I want to sell the bike as a "mechanic's special" at a loss and be done with it. Used motors go for $1000 on ebay. Other than the shot motor, it's in awesome shape (oh the irony). Kelly Blue Books recommends the private sell value at $3500. What do you guys think I can get for this thing? Moving in mid June, so want it gone by then. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,994 Posts
Check and see what they go for in your area. I doubt any where in the world there are going to be bikes easily sold for fair prices right now.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Not knowing your local market, or the popularity of that particular bike in your area makes it hard to venture a guess as to how much you should ask for it in "As Is" condition. Hard, but not impossible.

With the above statement in mind, I'd ask $1,000. If you get no interest in a couple weeks, drop your price a little bit. Keep dropping it til you sell it. You know your market better than I do. You might want to start at $2,000 or $1,500 but you get the idea.

I know its not much help, you probably already knew this, but good luck with it anyway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
See that's the thing. I live in a military town, and all these kids are about to get the stimulus checks this week. This micro economy is in my favor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts