Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've ridden it and it rides nice. Throttle cable needs adjusted or replaced, no biggie. One quirk... transmission is "upside down" meaning 1-up, 5-down. I've never heard of that happening... what do I make of that?

·
too slow
440 Posts
I've ridden it and it rides nice. Throttle cable needs adjusted or replaced, no biggie. One quirk... transmission is "upside down" meaning 1-up, 5-down. I've never heard of that happening... what do I make of that?
He has it set up for GP style shift. Its not hard to flip it back around to standard shifting if you want to later.
Id say if youve ridden it and seems ok to you, then go for it

C

·
0 Posts
It's an 8 year old bike and it needed rebuild? I would ask why and who did it. :wink:

·
2007 Yamaha Road Star Silverado 1700
4,672 Posts
Rebuild title? I'd save your money and buy something you can be more confident in.

You could always offer him $300, and use it for a parts bike for another Ninja 250. ;)

·
Member Map
23,911 Posts
I'd check to make sure the rebuild title can be used for registration on-road in your locality, or how much of a hassle it will be before buying. Ask the DMV, not the seller. :)

·
2007 Yamaha Road Star Silverado 1700
4,672 Posts
if it has GP shift DO NOT CHANGE IT BACK TO NORMAL!!!

because, for those converts amongst us, GP shift is the ONLY way to ride a motorcycle :D
I've heard just as many people say this as I have people say they hate GP shift. My advice is to ride it both ways and decide which you prefer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts