Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This site requests you introduce yourself as one of your first few posts so people know you are serious and not a hit and run type poster. Introductions found here ... https://www.motorcycleforum.com/forums/new-member-introduction.305/
I have a 2003 Katana 600 and it isn't a bad bike, however, it's only got 78 hp and I would like to go bigger at the beginning of summer 2021. The Kawasaki Z750 and Honda VFR800 that I mentioned in the title both interest me and both are within my budget. They both have an almost similar power of around 107 hp and both have ABS. I like the Z750's style a bit better, especially the headlight, which is the thing I like the least about the VFR800. I do like the single-sided swingarm on the VFR and that it has v-tec and connected brakes system. I also like the fact that the VFR is more fitted for side bags and a top box that can come with it. But I prefer the more relaxed ergonomics of the Z750 but the VFR's bar can be easily risen a bit too. One last thing, a windshield is of UTMOST IMPORTANCE for me and of course, the VFR comes with one, but the Z750 can easily be fitted with one too... I would want to use the bike as my main commuter and do long-distance trips with it, so comfort on the highway is also a must.
I'm so confused... Any points that I've forgotten? Don't know.
Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you all :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you like to work on them, I would recommend the Z750 over the VFR. I've worked on many over the years, and very few bikes are as difficult to work on as the large displacement VFR models.

·
8,052 Posts
But both !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Z750 for me as the maintenance on the valvetrain on the VFR800 has long kept me from buying one.

Sam:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately, the budget won't allow both, haha! Thank you, guys, for the advice!

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
1,878 Posts
as the maintenance on the valvetrain on the VFR800 has long kept me from buying one.

You wouldn't have it long enough to need any maintenance 😁

1 - 5 of 5 Posts