Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I am new to this forum and to the motorcycle world in general. I am in the search for my first bike and no matter what I try to do I can't help but be drawn to the 80's Honda bikes (Magna, Nighthawk, ect..). For instance a local man is selling an 83 Honda Magna for 900$ and I very much want a Magna. I don't have a problem with the fact that I will have to keep it running with tune ups and things like that, in fact I am excited to learn how to work on my bike and want to become self dependent when it comes to that. I guess I am just worried that Ill buy it and the engine will explode which is of course well out of my area of abilities. Thoughts? Comments? Wisdom?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Have you taken the BRC and gotten your license? If not, you should do so before getting serious about anything. Your perspective is likely to change.

Older bikes can work if you've got the ability. With 35K miles, less than 1000 a year, so the Magna may have sat for a while, which can cause problems. Parts for older bikes are sometimes harder to find. If you can bring someone who knows bikes to look at the Magna, that would be useful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts