Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn't my first bike, but I still consider myself new as I haven't ridden in over a year. I've had some short experience on : 09 CFMoto Glory 150, 02 Honda Rebel 250, 02 Ninja 25.

Now - I am finally at a point where I can get a bike again and am thrilled about it. However I have a dilemma and am debating which bike to go with. See below and feel free to add your opinions/advice:

2001 Suzuki GZ250 - 1500 Miles - in near mint condition, well cared for. $1600 out the door price includes delivery (local to me). Dealer has. Mentioned they go over their used bikes very carefully - and it does appear so when I inspected these. They'll let me take delivery with $1100 down and pay the rest over 90 days.

2004-05 (not sure which) Suzuki S40 - 10,000 miles - has dent in tank but otherwise looks pretty decent - and has a shaft drive belt. $1400 out the door price. I believe this is a 600 cc engine. Same dealer as above. Same $1100 down - rest over 90 days.

2004 Honda Helix - in very good condition - mileage I think is about 8000. $1300 out the door. Individual has. I'd pay $1100 up front then take it for tax/title.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
There is also an 04 CFMoto Glory 150 local that the dealer / our ex landlord would sell for $800 out the door. Only issue is it has been stuck in an estate process for several months.

·
American Legion Rider
23,769 Posts
I think since you have some experience, I'd step up in size to the S40. Although even the 250's will give you many fun miles I think you would be happy longer if you stepped up. But test ride all of them and get the one you feel most comfortable with. That's the true test. And......

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,420 Posts
Get the red one

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Welcome Amy. The bike that is best suited to the kind of riding you want to do is probably the best choice if that short list is all you want to consider.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ended up with the 05 suzuki s40 and love it!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts