Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found some neck braces on revzilla that are protecting the cervical vertebrae and spin. They are def not cheap and the idea seems really uncomfortable. Does anyone on here wear these? I intend to buy a back protector, with that and I jacket I thought that was enough but it doesn't go up as high I guess. I am paranoid about saftey I think.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Most decent jackets already have a back protector included. I have never seen anyone wear a neck brace before a crash.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
One word of advice. I know you seem to be all about safety, and that is great. But there is one thing you need to accept before you should decide whether or not riding is for you. You have to accept the fact that you can get seriously hurt/die on your bike. I know it sounds kind of cruel, but if you are full of fear and trepidation, you will just not enjoy it as much and you are more likely to make mistakes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One word of advice. I know you seem to be all about safety, and that is great. But there is one thing you need to accept before you should decide whether or not riding is for you. You have to accept the fact that you can get seriously hurt/die on your bike. I know it sounds kind of cruel, but if you are full of fear and trepidation, you will just not enjoy it as much and you are more likely to make mistakes.
This is def something I need to come to terms with. I agree with you completely.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Skymall, how much riding have you done?
None yet. I am hoping to take the saftey class in October. I am in the research stages right now. :)

I should probably add that I am on blood thinners which is partly why I need as much protection as possible. So far my doctors are not too thrilled about the possibility of me riding. That is one of the reasons I want to have CE2 certified armor and such

1 - 8 of 8 Posts