Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
So long
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The family of a career Navy sailor killed last week in an alleged road rage incident in San Diego was reeling Monday from their loss as his alleged killer was charged with murder.

“It’s just a huge loss to the country, to his family, to his friends,” said Kathy Cramer, the mother of one of U.S. Navy chief petty officer Zachary Buob's friends.

Police say Darla Jackson, 24, of Imperial City, ran Buob down, knocked him off his motorcycle and then drove over him Thursday during rush hour. Buob, 39, of Santee, died hours later at a local hospital.

The pair got into an argument as both drove on I-5 in Chula Vista, Fox 5 said. California Highway Patrol said Jackson, driving a black Nissan Altima, rammed Buob’s red Ducati from behind on a highway filled with rush-hour traffic, and then ran him over. She was charged Friday with murder.

Buob, 39, was assigned to the Naval Special Warfare Command, and had been in the Navy for approximately 20 years.

Jackson was booked into jail and is being held without bail pending an arraignment on June 2. The station spoke to Jackson’s mother, who said her daughter had been wrongly accused.

The woman said her daughter, the mother of a 3-year-old, was the victim because the motorcyclist was driving erratically.

“The motorcycle was trying to cut through some cars and for whatever reason he kicked the side of my daughter’s car,” the woman said. She said her daughter took off after the motorcycle to get the driver to pull over.

“She went on to follow him trying to get information for the insurance and what have you,” said Margie.

William Touch, a witness who recorded a video of the car and motorcycle moments before the crash, gave a different account of the incident.

Touch told NBC 7 that he witnessed the vehicle "sideswiping" the motorcycle three times.

Authorities asked any witnesses to the crash or what led up to it to call CHP traffic investigator Brad Clinkscales at 619-220-5492.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/01/san-diego-road-rage-crash-kills-navy-man/

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
You report a driver who endangers you to the police and 99/100 times they ignore it.

You get in a confrontation with a motorist, you're gonna lose.

Busting a mirror or kicking a door could cost you your life no matter WHAT they did to deserve it.

Like intentionally swerving to prevent you from splitting lanes.

The only logical choice is to avoid confrontations. No matter WHAT the provocation.

Condolences to the family. And a life in "hell" to the driver, although she'll be out in 7-12 years, ON AVERAGE.

·
Justa anutta Human......
728 Posts
Dam cagers.......
We need to go after them with paintball guns....
It is awfull to hear about cagers having that amount of road rage to run us over....
They also need to address this texting n driving issue....
Higher fines....

·
Lead Astronaut
405 Posts
Been reading about this woman... apparently she is a major bully and she and her mother are both very arrogant, boisterous people. Several people have stepped forward saying they are not surprised by her actions and they were tormented by her in high school and she has no regard for other people.

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,665 Posts
What a sad situation. I read in one article that the rager took exception to the rider lane splitting her and followed him a few miles bumping him before finally knocking him down and running him over.
Looking at her she'll fit in real well. I hope she gets the maximum.

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
I agree, this is so sad. My thoughts and prayers go out for his family and friends. It just boggles the mind how someone could intentionally run someone over like that. I hope she goes away for a long time. It also sounds like the child might be better raised by someone else.

·
Registered
210 Posts
If someone shoots at me, my first priority is to not get shot.

That means taking cover, not arguing;
not teaching someone a lesson;
not getting further involved;
not escalating if I have a choice.

Easier said then done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts