Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! First post here. Apologies if it's in the wrong place.

I currently ride a Monster 696. It's nearly stock, with a Ducati low seat. I'm 5'7 and wear jeans with a 29" inseam. The 696 fits me really well.

Been looking for something with a bit more oomph and perhaps traction control. I love the Aprilia Tuono and have a soft spot for Speed Triples, but both are a good 2" too high for me. I've found only two bikes that clearly out-oomph the 696 and still fit me:

BMW R1200R with low seat
Monster 1200 with low seat

Assuming that we draw the line at, say, 30.5" seat height, is there anything else out there that I should consider? I prefer nakeds but could do a proper sportbike. Cruisers need not apply....

Thanks!

·
Double Secret Probation
288 Posts
The only other bike that pops into my head is the new Valkyrie. Honda lists it as a cruiser, but it is really more of a gigantic standard. They have huge discounts on leftovers.

You could plug in your height and inseam measurements on cycle-ergo.com and look at various bike to see what might fit you.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Did you look at the BMW S1000R? 160 HP and gobs of torque across the rpm range. Oh, and available with a lower seat, like the R.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts