Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I welcome you all to read my motorcycle blog called NaisMotolife! I'm a biker girl from Finland and bought my first "big" bike in 2017. Since then my Honda CB500F and I have had some interesting (or not so interesting) adventures and in spring 2018 I decided I want to start writing a blog about my motorcycle hobby.

I write about the places I have visited, the accessories I've bought, events I've participated in.. and really anything related to motorcycles. I also like motocross so I'll write about MX races too! Anyways.. You'll find a more profound introduction and info on the blog.

I will keep you updated about my new posts by messaging this thread.

Welcome! :smile_big: https://naismotolife.com/

ps: Please feel free to comment here your thoughts on my blog or my writings or if there's something you would like me to write about. :)

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Hello!

I welcome you all to read my motorcycle blog called NaisMotolife! I'm a biker girl from Finland and bought my first "big" bike in 2017. Since then my Honda CB500F and I have had some interesting (or not so interesting) adventures and in spring 2018 I decided I want to start writing a blog about my motorcycle hobby.

I write about the places I have visited, the accessories I've bought, events I've participated in.. and really anything related to motorcycles. I also like motocross so I'll write about MX races too! Anyways.. You'll find a more profound introduction and info on the blog.

I will keep you updated about my new posts by messaging this thread.

Welcome! :smile_big: https://naismotolife.com/

ps: Please feel free to comment here your thoughts on my blog or my writings or if there's something you would like me to write about. :)
What I would like to see is more countryside photos Old barns, typical country houses, twisty roads and ect. I am not asking you to change your blog posts, but maybe just post some pictures here in this thread that people in the USA have to compare your country to where we live and not just the destination of the ride. I do enjoy your posts whatever your decision.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,670 Posts
I like that idea Slum. I have been a lot of places in Europe, but not in her neck of the woods. I do would love to general pictures of villages, countrysides, and other places that are different than what we see in the states. If you can fine, if not that is fine as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What I would like to see is more countryside photos Old barns, typical country houses, twisty roads and ect. I am not asking you to change your blog posts, but maybe just post some pictures here in this thread that people in the USA have to compare your country to where we live and not just the destination of the ride. I do enjoy your posts whatever your decision.
I like that idea Slum. I have been a lot of places in Europe, but not in her neck of the woods. I do would love to general pictures of villages, countrysides, and other places that are different than what we see in the states. If you can fine, if not that is fine as well.
Thank you for your comments! I see so much of countryside and old barns that I don't think there's anything special with them, but true that it might be exotic to some people. ;) I'll try to remember to stop and take photos next season when I'm riding again.

ps. You might want to check out my friend's Gozamite's motorcycle blog: https://gozamite.com/

·
Moderator - Loves All Motorcycles
1,251 Posts
Welcome!!!! Oh I love your writing! I'm starting something similar soon but in a video format. I buy, sell, and maintain enough motorcycles to keep it interesting. One of my first videos will be setting up my three vintage toys for winter storage and prepping my new to me maxi scooter to be my winter bike.

I have a general automotive/motorcycle interest blog:

https://kinja.com/smart

I've written about the history of Chinese motorcycles, obscure equipment U-Haul has rented over the years...and countless episodes of my car and motorcycle hoarding.

I also have a blog with a bit more focus, namely documenting my transition:

https://smart.kinja.com

While that is an open diary, I do admit I've deleted some entries that I should not have written at all.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm starting something similar soon but in a video format. I buy, sell, and maintain enough motorcycles to keep it interesting. One of my first videos will be setting up my three vintage toys for winter storage and prepping my new to me maxi scooter to be my winter bike..
I'm sure to read your writings! :smile_big: And also watch your videos!

While that is an open diary, I do admit I've deleted some entries that I should not have written at all.
What was wrong with them? :O

·
Moderator - Loves All Motorcycles
1,251 Posts
I'm sure to read your writings! :smile_big: And also watch your videos!

What was wrong with them? :O
Aw, thanks! ♥

The deleted entries came from my transition blog. I've been running that one for a bit over four years and I had a total open book policy about my life. My readers loved it and my openness also helped some people learn some practical things they may not have otherwise learned. Unfortunately by putting every bit of my life on the Internet there is risk of it doubling back and hurting me. It was a risk I was willing to take and not having any secrets did feel pretty liberating. It lasted roughly three years before it started becoming a problem. People with axes to grind against me began finding the blog and weaponized it against me. While I never doxxed anyone, slandered, or even dropped any names, if the people talked about read the entries there would be no way they wouldn't know I was talking about them.

While it is so much easier to write about cars and motorcycles, I am prouder of my transition diary project. It helped me become open with myself and through the experience of interacting with readers it changed how I approach heavy topics in life. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aw, thanks! ♥

The deleted entries came from my transition blog. I've been running that one for a bit over four years and I had a total open book policy about my life. My readers loved it and my openness also helped some people learn some practical things they may not have otherwise learned. Unfortunately by putting every bit of my life on the Internet there is risk of it doubling back and hurting me. It was a risk I was willing to take and not having any secrets did feel pretty liberating. It lasted roughly three years before it started becoming a problem. People with axes to grind against me began finding the blog and weaponized it against me. While I never doxxed anyone, slandered, or even dropped any names, if the people talked about read the entries there would be no way they wouldn't know I was talking about them.

While it is so much easier to write about cars and motorcycles, I am prouder of my transition diary project. It helped me become open with myself and through the experience of interacting with readers it changed how I approach heavy topics in life. :)

I understand. Though I hope you didn't delete them completely but maybe kept them for yourself as a draft or something. :)

My blog feels like a motorcycle DIARY at the moment. I still don't know whether I would like to do more long distance riding or offroading/adventuring and I think my blog will kind of be a story of me finding myself as a rider. If I had the money, I wouldn't have to choose of course, but unfortunately I can only afford one bike at a time at the moment... I hope I won't be embarrassed of my earlier writings at some point. :grin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts