Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
s my converted 1983 Suzuki GS550L and here it is in the original form. Thought I’d share what I spent all last summer on. Literal blood, sweat, and tears went into this thing and I’m not even close to done! I’m at a point where it functions well and that’s what I’m happiest about.
Some of the things I’ve done:
  • Converted electrical system to run on lithium battery
  • New handlebars
  • stripped and painted the tank
  • deep-cleaned the carbs
  • chopped seat and swapped tail lights/blinkers (the seat still has the original quick release though!)
  • cleaned the hell out of it
  • general maintenance and gasket replacements
Bought the beast for $500 in pretty rough condition having never worked on a motor before. So proud of this damn bike. Just thought I’d share where I’m at so far since this sub and others have helped me so much.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Literal blood, sweat, and tears went into this thing and I’m not even close to done! I’m at a point where it functions well and that’s what I’m happiest about.

Bought the beast for $500 in pretty rough condition having never worked on a motor before. So proud of this damn bike. Just thought I’d share where I’m at so far since this sub and others have helped me so much.
Nice work! Nothing beats learnin' and fixin'! (y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.