Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew sooner or later she would want to ride her own bike but it took seeing her sister looking bad ass on her custom Harley 1200 sportster to finally drive the last inch of the riding fever nail into her head. So we bought another Honda Magna VF750C and worked on it and I painted it for her. Now can't seem to get her off the bike. Everyday it is not raining she wants to ride. Of course I don't mind because I love to ride too. She has been riding for a month now and has all the safety gear and got her motorcycle permit before she started riding. We are waiting for the next available MSF class opening in our area. She really loves riding. I did the Purple Rain theme on her bike. :71baldboy:

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
First, I have to say that's great that your wife is now riding with you. I think it's always good when couples can share their passions with each other. :)

I also wanted to chime in and say that you did an AMAZING job with that paint!!! Holy Moly!!! I need to hire you to do my Rebel! HAHAHAHA!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First, I have to say that's great that your wife is now riding with you. I think it's always good when couples can share their passions with each other. :)

I also wanted to chime in and say that you did an AMAZING job with that paint!!! Holy Moly!!! I need to hire you to do my Rebel! HAHAHAHA!
Thanks! She was not about a motorcycle at first but gradually things start changing from riding on the back with me then seeing her sister being the only girl at the poker run riding her own bike. She got the fever now. That paint job took a lot of work even on the very low budget we had to work with. I rattle canned it and a little paint brush for some lines. I have not chimed in here in some time because of the working on the motorcycles and getting her riding but some nights I get on here and start reading and end up passing out at the computer. I also enjoyed your threads and post about your riding and share them with her to let her know she is not alone and everybody starts at the beginning. I will post some more pics of her bike and her later. Have fun and ride safe. :71baldboy:

·
Left. No, the other left.
219 Posts
Congratulations! Doubt I'll ever get my wife up on two wheels - maybe I can show her the beautiful pic of your wife's ride.

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Absolutely beautiful!! I'm sure she is so proud to ride it and be able to say "my husband did this for me".

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Congrats grasshopper it's great to have a live-in riding partner eh? My wife also recently got her licence and, yes good luck getting them off the bike :D I've been very impressed too how fast her learning curve has been. She drove here 1st official road mile on June 3. Now she's riding the bike to work, & we've also had a long weekend trip that took us about 700 miles total!

On the flipside, because Mrs NordicMan is very safety conscious, she has encouraged (aka forced, lol) me to wear more safety gear too.

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
First off: yes, great paint job!! Nicely done!!

Second: I don't think I have ever seen a more "Ninja Turtle" jacket than THAT one: (lol) No offense intended. Great protection. Just knee-jerk reaction, is all.

Thirdly: I'm confused. In ONE picture, the pipes are on ONE side of the bike, and in the OTHER picture, the pipes are on the OTHER side of the bike. Does this bike have pipes on both sides?

Which begs the question.............what dictates which side of the bike the pipes go on? Don't most motors have a typical design that sends them off the motor in a pretty limited location, no matter WHICH side of the bike they route them after that?

-Soupy

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I'd guess the cylinders on the left have the pipes going out the left side, and the cylinders on the right have the pipes going out the right side.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry.....I fell asleep at the computer again last night. I had the weirdest dream. It was like I met a few of you all at a poker run out in the middle of nowhere and one of my friends that passed away from cancer was there too. I woke up this morning and the last thing I was dreaming about right before I woke was riding down a long stretch of highway.
Again thanks for the compliments.
Our bikes Are '94 and '96 Honda Magna VF750C .........There are four cylinders, four carbs, and four pipes...........Call 'em V4 Musclebikes :biggrin: .
They are not to bad to work on if you have some patience and the service manual.
I just installed a new voltage R/R and battery and chain on my '94 yesterday. I tried to post another pic but it says I have met my quota. Well once the wife wakes up we are going riding all day (with stops along the way of course). I hope everyone has a great day and gets a chance to enjoy some ride time.

:71baldboy:

Turtle Power! LOLOL.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Awesome to hear! Great to see more and more ladies on two wheels. Nice work on the paint as well! The one thing I appreciate is the fact that you have her in some good gear. Just get her some riding pants or at least Kevlar jeans with some full knee protection and she is perfect.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm a women and convinced my husband to start riding. He's obsessed with his bike and rides all the time. I used to get text in the morning telling me to have a good day now he's so busy getting his bike out and warmed up I don't get the text anymore... I've created a monster but I love it because when I say let's ride he's already half way out the door :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts