Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where to begin....this whole thing started when I first marveled at the unique Moto Guzzi engine design some 10 years ago and, to make a short story long, I ended up making my first Guzzi purchase a few years back..... The Norge.........

On second thought, let's skip my experience with the Norge, and let's move straight ahead to (drum roll please).........

The 2017 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE 1200 cc Motorcycle. Not the most versatile bike I've ever owned but WOW, the performance, beauty, handling, acceleration, smoothness on the road, and the sounds....the wonderous sounds.....of the Agostini after market exhaust..(catches breath)...and spoked rims. Oh my.

109 HP on a bike this size is remarkable.

I searched high and low for a few weeks for a local Griso that fit the bill and finally found the bike of my wildest wet dreams at a dealership in Irving, Texas. After paying for the bike with a declined credit card, twice, I finally increased my credit limit to an insane amount, BUT, the bike was mine! I anxiously waited 2 weeks for the bike to arrive and we've been inseparable ever since.

20200909_090628.jpg

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My girlfriend is threatening me with even more isolation on top of Covid-19, yet here I am at close to 1:00 am on a Wednesday morning, writing about.

My Obsession with The Moto Guzzi Griso.

·
7,784 Posts
Absolutely beautiful and congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

I have loved Gootzies for most of my life and would love to own one but the nearest dealers are 150+ miles away and there are very few on the touring circuits, some states having no dealers at all.

Have fun!

Sam:)

Reactions: Rellek

·
On The Road Again!
3,405 Posts
Got to ride a Guzzi Ambassador once years ago, in the 1970s.
Nice bike!
But the friend who owned it sold it after waiting more than six months
for new mufflers that never arrived. Their parts supply sucked even back then.
Don't know what it's like now. Hopefully it's better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts