Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
8,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been trying to make up my mind about various bikes for my next purchase. I visited a Powersports dealer while on my regular Saturday morning breakfast ride and I'm ready to buy this one but I would appreciate your opinions.

It is a 2012 Triumph Rocket 3, with 8,000 miles on it and absolutely immaculate.

2.3 litres, 2,400cc's, 146hp and 163 ft lbs of torque:biggrin:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...D_0rLIh7OcYuzD5vQ&sig2=_rLfDPzihTDtuUPtlrV9yw

I may buy this Tuesday morning so any opinions would be appreciated:)

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
I love that bike - don't know too much about it, but I love it! It's different.

2400cc is bigger than what a lot of cars have.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,370 Posts
Good looking bike

·
American Legion Rider
23,700 Posts
It's a triple, what's not to like. I love those bikes and have considered one myself. Triumph today is much better than the 60's when I last wanted one. Glad now that I never got one but their newer machines are pretty solid. Depending on price, go for it. But I happen to like any triple though so maybe I'm not the best objectively.

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
Gorgeous. I know next to nothing about them, but they are awfully pretty :)

I did hear that they are way more nimble than they look.

·
Registered
257 Posts
There's a reason they call it a rocket ! I've seen very few of them around but it looks like it would be a blast to ride.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
I used to love my Triumph twin cylinder, but back then the electrics on any British vehicle were trash. Mine basically got rewired in the 2 years I owned it and I got tired of doing that wiring. I haven't heard that complaint lately so maybe they finally figured out electricity. That engine looks heavy. How does it feel when you sit on it?

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,208 Posts
MASSIVE bike... Bigger than I would normally prefer. Still, those are awesome machines!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Those Triumph Rocket IIIs make a mockery of the old argument about whether torque or HP is best, the output of that engine could best be specified as:

Grunt - lots

1 - 12 of 12 Posts