Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Greatest Member Ever
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, I haven't been in the forum much recently. Mrs. OneEyedJack's father had a stroke so she flew 8000 miles to help him heal (I bet her broomstick is tired!! hehehe). Mean while I've been crazy busy in my shop. Haven't had much free time. Anyways, We just got a 3 wheeler that we're adding to a our fleet of shop bikes. It's a 2009 Piaggio MP3. I wanted to post about it cuz I remember a regular here in the forum talking about wanting to get one for his Mrs.

Being a seasoned motorcycle mechanic, I took this 3 wheeler to it's limits. And I was impressed and disappointed. It's a really fun ride, and it sure does get a lot of attention and comments. It corners like it's on rails. It has a single cylinder 400cc fuel-injected motor. The very first time you ride it, it tends to scare the heck outta you. But after a few minutes, you realize it rides just like a 2 wheeler.

Can't remember who the regular member here was who had mentioned wanting one, but figured I'd post about mine and see if he has any questions about it.

Pics:

Attachments

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
Outfit it with a cooler carrier and that might just be the perfect vehicle to ride to the beach, and then ride on the beach following the fish!

·
6,509 Posts
I love scooters and I've read that those MP3's are a ball.
Cool scoot.

Besides a new 2012 Goldwing, I have a 2005 650 Burgman and a 2013 Kymco Xciting 500RI ABS.

I have more fun on the scooters than on the GW:)

Sam:)

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Yeah, I haven't been in the forum much recently. Mrs. OneEyedJack's father had a stroke so she flew 8000 miles to help him heal (I bet her broomstick is tired!! hehehe). Mean while I've been crazy busy in my shop. Haven't had much free time. Anyways, We just got a 3 wheeler that we're adding to a our fleet of shop bikes. It's a 2009 Piaggio MP3. I wanted to post about it cuz I remember a regular here in the forum talking about wanting to get one for his Mrs.

Being a seasoned motorcycle mechanic, I took this 3 wheeler to it's limits. And I was impressed and disappointed. It's a really fun ride, and it sure does get a lot of attention and comments. It corners like it's on rails. It has a single cylinder 400cc fuel-injected motor. The very first time you ride it, it tends to scare the heck outta you. But after a few minutes, you realize it rides just like a 2 wheeler.

Can't remember who the regular member here was who had mentioned wanting one, but figured I'd post about mine and see if he has any questions about it.

Pics:
That wasn't so much me wanting to get one for my wife......as it was her wanting me to buy her one.

I didn't realize there was such a thing as a 2009, I thought they were something totally new, so I never went to the Piaggio store in Lexington. I really didn't want to pay over $7k for a 250.

I got her a Kymco 200 as her learning bike. She has ridden it a few times and been out on a solo. Probably next summer she'll do some more riding and be ready for an upgrade.

Next, maybe a Kymco 300, Honda 300, or possibly a Piaggio, have to go check them out in Lexington.

·
Greatest Member Ever
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Outfit it with a cooler carrier and that might just be the perfect vehicle to ride to the beach, and then ride on the beach following the fish!
It actually has enough storage area in the trunk and under the seat to hold 2 twelve packs and a 7# bag of ice. Me and some friends rode to the beach this past weekend and I got designated "the mule" cuz it holds a lot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts