13,146 Posts
here are the pedals to make it go?

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
here are the pedals to make it go?
Let me get to where I can take the training wheels off first okay

I love the cantilevered wheels which means anybody with a lugnut wrench can change a tire easily

Even better it's got it's own spare under one of those rear fenders

·
American Legion Rider
21,845 Posts
Looks like a good scooter that hasn't been already used as a pickup truck.

I actually wish I could find a good one that isn't beat up.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Nice looking Vespa, Wade. Looks like the PO really took care of it.

I;ll sure be glad when I get my Ralley 200 on the lift. But, I have the Nighthawk on there now. The Harley is next, and then the Vespa.

If you really want some fun, go find a Vespa Moped. 49cc, pedals, no license, no insurance. Absolute kick in the ass. Top speed on mine was supposed to be 20 mph. However after some 'mild' mods, I got her up to 40 mph. At least that's what the Cop said when he pulled me over for speeding. LOL!

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya gotta love the Italians. The pedals for the pillion, how they tuck into the body, is truly artwork. So is the little grocery bag hook. The thing will do 70-75 which means going a couple exits on the freeway aren't out of reach for running errands.

I'm thinking about taking it on that trans-USA scooter ride scheduled for this summer instead of the big Silverwing. (But I'm not sure what my odds of making it on an Italian job are, versus good ole Honda)

The funny thing about scooters is the SMALLER the motor, the BIGGER the s**t eating-grin they put on your face. Especially mopeds with pedals!!!

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,146 Posts
All kidding aside it is a good looking scoter.

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Vespa's get a lot of Mike's attention on American Pickers. I guess it would be "fun" to ride "around town" but I ............well.........it's just not for "me."

Good luck with it Wade!!

Not for nothin, but.......what did it really cost you.........typically $10K or so????
(new)

What is it? Is it that motorcycles have become so overpriced these days, that "bikers" are downsizing their purchases? God forbid!!

-Soupy

·
Registered
754 Posts
Vespa's get a lot of Mike's attention on American Pickers. I guess it would be "fun" to ride "around town" but I ............well.........it's just not for "me."

Good luck with it Wade!!

Not for nothin, but.......what did it really cost you.........typically $10K or so????
(new)

What is it? Is it that motorcycles have become so overpriced these days, that "bikers" are downsizing their purchases? God forbid!!

-Soupy
Soupy,

I can understand it when you say 'It's not for me'. Each to his own, right? However on a personal note, I've been riding for over 50 years and have owned everything from a 66 FLH on down to a little Honda Dream. Bottom line is the little guys are just damn fun!

In my stable right now is my trusty Shovelhead, a 750 Nighthawk, Yamaha DT 400, 76 Vespa Rally 200, and a 77 Vespa Moped. The Moped is my 'go to' scooter for around town errands. 1/2 gal of gas, and I'm good for the month!

As far as downsizing to scooters, all I can offer is my opinion. Yes road bikes are getting very expensive. It's not something you just jump into unless you have extra income you don't need. The newer street bikes? Well, (opinion again) I think they're just plain ugly. Besides that, it really is a 'girl getter'.

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
.......................Besides that, it really is a 'girl getter'.
I'll assume you are saying that the Vespa is a "girl getter," when you say that.
I find myself wondering........what KIND of "girl" is that attracting.

Frankly, after all the excitement I've had in my life.......the LAST thing i need to attract...........is a GIRL!! (lol).

-Soupy

1 - 20 of 46 Posts