Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Dis Membered
249 Posts
Love the way you Mericans say Canyon Riding...............

Where I was bought up, riding a canyon was something you did to a girl in the back of a car........:)

B

·
0 Posts
Love the way you Mericans say Canyon Riding...............

Where I was bought up, riding a canyon was something you did to a girl in the back of a car........:)
Bet you were pretty confused the first time you read about someone going canyon riding on their bike.:D

·
Registered
25 Posts
okay, here's a loaded question, is it true that a good rider on a 600 super sport could stay up with a Haya on a twisty road? i've heard people say, the only difference is that you can't lean a Busa as well, but it would crush a 600 on a straight away.... or is that just when a 600 rider is jealous they don't have a busa...hahha

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
The straights might belong to the bike....the curves belong to the best rider.

·
Dis Membered
249 Posts
okay, here's a loaded question, is it true that a good rider on a 600 super sport could stay up with a Haya on a twisty road? i've heard people say, the only difference is that you can't lean a Busa as well, but it would crush a 600 on a straight away.... or is that just when a 600 rider is jealous they don't have a busa...hahha
Well, riding around the last corner (turn 12) at Eastern Creek

the 600 would round up the 1000cc bikes cos of the corner speed you could maintain ( in fact a 2500 2 smoker would be 15mph faster than the 600 :eek: ) and even though when you hit the straight 160-200 feet infront of the 1000, you would be 240-200 feet behind by turn 1..................

So you had the rest of the lap to make up the gap :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Big bikes can turn also

How tight is the twisties?

On the road that is on my video the tight stuff is handled by all sizes of bikes. It's mainly the rider driving the machine. The problem is most people have been brain washed that a smaller bike is better but all sport bikes can turn. A Hayabusa is still a GSXR just a little bigger and badder.

The small bike bounce around on the highway and very uncomfortable. You have to rev the hell out of it just to get out of the way of the cagers. You have to take that abuse going and returning the twisties. That is a big price to pay for a little advantage.

I think the start with a small bike and move up was created by the dealers to sell more product to the same people every year. It is easier to sell more stuff to the same people than it is to create new customers.
In the end what ever you ride you have to be responsible because they all can get you into trouble.

·
Exorcising My Angels
655 Posts
I think the start with a small bike and move up was created by the dealers to sell more product to the same people every year. It is easier to sell more stuff to the same people than it is to create new customers. In the end what ever you ride you have to be responsible because they all can get you into trouble.
That's absolutely true, but some bikes are more inherently dangerous to a beginner than others. You survived learning on a Busa. That's great. Problem is, it's kind of a one-sided argument because all those people who've died or have been seriously injured and given up biking because they decided to go with a liter+ bike as their first aren't here to offer a counter argument. I know a guy who got a Busa as his first bike and wrecked it 45 minutes after he bought it. He unintentionally did a wheelie after letting the clutch out too fast, hit roadkill, and high sided it. Starting on a smaller bike is the more intelligent thing to do because it's less likely you'll lose control making a "beginner" mistake.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no way. not even close. the differences are huge. motor, weight, weight distribution, ground clearance, suspension geometry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isalsa View Post
A Hayabusa is still a GSXR just a little bigger and badder.
Let's see back in 1999 the differences between the busa and the smaller bikes is less than 100 lb.

I have a friend that has removed about 100 lb from his Busa and that thing just falls into the turns.

Back to the my original saying " that there is not much difference between Busa and the other sport bikes." I know the newer bike are lighter but they have more power also. So it is easier to pull wheelies and other unexpected stuff on the newer bikes.

·
Dis Membered
249 Posts
Everyone has an opinion isalsa, yours does not reflect the truth.

Yes a Busa can handle, no it connot handle anywhere near as wel as a gixxer thou :)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts