Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Rather look funny with the gear than to look funny with all the scars if something happens
What about your hands, legs and feet, also important to protect those areas and very important, your helmet

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rather look funny with the gear than to look funny with all the scars if something happens
What about your hands, legs and feet, also important to protect those areas and very important, your helmet
I got cloves ,helmet,doc Martins boots

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
as a new rider I'm having trouble looking for pants..right now I wear Jean's ...any tips on buying pants

·
American Legion Rider
25,902 Posts
Live your own life, not your life through you Ninja friend. As far as finding riding pants, is it finding them or trying to decide which one to buy? A simple search brought plenty of choices here.

·
Visionary
5,246 Posts
Don't worry what your buddy says, if you like that style of jacket then it's fine. Better too much gear than too little.

You can get armored jeans lined with kevlar if you like the jeans look, or you can get synthetic textile riding pants too. Try cycle gear online or in one of their stores, or Amazon has them too. Look for kevlar jeans, motorcycle riding pants, you'll find them.

·
Moderator - Loves All Motorcycles
1,251 Posts
I dunno, I think think those armor suit things are cool. Pair them to the right helmet and boots and you'll look like you're straight out of an action movie!

Reactions: Thom49

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,500 Posts
Do you like the jacket? Tell your friend to suck sand

·
Zip
2,513 Posts
as a new rider I'm having trouble looking for pants..right now I wear Jean's ...any tips on buying pants
You need to decide how you want to wear them. For example, I ride to work so I wanted overpants that I can put on over top of my everyday pants (jeans, khakis, whatever). I found a nice pair of overpants on Amazon for about $60. Heavy nylon fabric, zippers all the way up the outside of each leg, armor at the knees.

·
Veteran Member
3,275 Posts
That's not my particular style, but it wouldn't look out of place to me on a Sportster. I don't fall into the crowd that thinks a certain type of bike demands a certain style or clothing. Tell your friend to mind his own business.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You need to decide how you want to wear them. For example, I ride to work so I wanted overpants that I can put on over top of my everyday pants (jeans, khakis, whatever). I found a nice pair of overpants on Amazon for about $60. Heavy nylon fabric, zippers all the way up the outside of each leg, armor at the knees.
I'll check them out thanks again

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's not my particular style, but it wouldn't look out of place to me on a Sportster. I don't fall into the crowd that thinks a certain type of bike demands a certain style or clothing. Tell your friend to mind his own business.
I totally agree with you my friend...safety first .....

·
2009 Ninja 500r
1,504 Posts
Ride your ride and buy the gear that makes you safe in your mind.

That said, safety first more gear is better, but not all feels this way, and some are brand and style specific. You ride for you and not your friend. Here in Hoosierville a lot don't ride with a helmet but have a vey stylish leather Harley Davidson jacket.

Reactions: GatorJoe

·
Registered
607 Posts
Wrangler makes Riggs Workwear Utility Jeans that have a double layer of heavy denim on the front from the thigh down to below the knee. Has big pockets, and the rear pockets are lined with 1000 Denier Cordura. Not as good as purpose-built riding pants, but better than plain jeans, very comfortable, and only around $30 or so. When the weather gets hot, my leather chaps come off and these go on.

·
Aging & Worn
4,547 Posts
Well in that get up you would kind a look like a Power Ranger

1 - 20 of 33 Posts