Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted a little about this and some photos under general asking about oil and ect. But, thought I'd share a little more on how it's going on my new 2018 Icebear Fuerza 125cc!! So excited to finally step up off my 50cc and move up in the world ? This bike looks great and more importantly rides great and extremely smooth. Alot of people want to bash on the grom clones and say their POS. But, this bike has proven to be 100% compatible part wise to the Honda Grom. Only difference is that it's carb and not fuel injected. I've spoke to plenty of experienced riders and some buddy's of mine up at honda and they were all frank to me about it and said they've broken down Chinese engines vs honda engines and to their surprise, no difference. Other than the brand names. Sure their might be a bolt or two loose but nothing locktight can't fix. What I'm getting at is some of us just can't afford to spend that extra 2k and those who can, don't bash the clones because when it comes down to it, it's the same damn engine. Just yours says honda. I love my bike and am very excited I finally got what I wanted. To anyone looking for a grom, z125, whatever and can't afford it, a clone is the way to go. It's going to be just as good and honestly, I think my bike looks twice as cool as either one. Be proud of your bike, have fun, be safe, don't down on other riders cause you think you're better.

Here's a video of a walk around I did for those who interested.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TFQvZJyWrjY

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
Good looking bike, I wish you well with it. I have yet to hear someone who owned a Chinese bike say they were problem free. I am genuinely interested in seeing how this bike works out for you.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is my second Icebear. First was the maddog 50cc and never had a problem. Sold it at 7000 miles to get something different. So far icebear has been great. And I know so many people with Chinese bikes, the ssr, little monster(icebear), and TaoTao hellcat.. no problems but a loose bolt or two. Nothing locktight doesn't fix. Engine wise, their exactly the same as the grom. Said this a few times in different threads buddy's of mine at honda broke down Chinese vs honda 125 and GY6 and everything is the same.. just nothing that says honda on it. All parts compatible. Just normally carb and not fuel injected. Chinese quality has come a long way, especially with company's like Icebear, who wants to be known for ****ty bikes? Honestly quite tired of all the bad mouthing. If something happens to go wrong though, I'll of course be honest. But no worries.

·
Moderator - Loves All Motorcycles
1,251 Posts
In my experience, the Chinese bikes can be reliable if you do some minimal work to improve the quality where it's still lagging. For these clones, that means replacing the engine mount bolts with the bolts used on Groms, getting a mikuni carb, then Locktite-ing everything that isn't meant to move. Otherwise you can expect some small things to break, but with most parts being only $20 shipped it's hard to be mad at that.

Last night I sold my Honda Rebel as I'm looking for a lot more power. I'm still searching for a big displacement replacement, however in the meantime I just purchased a TaoTao Hellcat to take up my fourth "slot" for a motorcycle. End goal is to have my Buell Blast, some chunky thing, and two Chinese clones.

(Picture not mine)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In my experience, the Chinese bikes can be reliable if you do some minimal work to improve the quality where it's still lagging. For these clones, that means replacing the engine mount bolts with the bolts used on Groms, getting a mikuni carb, then Locktite-ing everything that isn't meant to move. Otherwise you can expect some small things to break, but with most parts being only $20 shipped it's hard to be mad at that.

Last night I sold my Honda Rebel as I'm looking for a lot more power. I'm still searching for a big displacement replacement, however in the meantime I just purchased a TaoTao Hellcat to take up my fourth "slot" for a motorcycle. End goal is to have my Buell Blast, some chunky thing, and two Chinese clones.

(Picture not mine)

Exactly right ?

And yeah I like the hellcat but went for the Icebear fuerza as you know already.

Mine ran 1699 that's with delivery and one year free parts.

·
Moderator - Loves All Motorcycles
1,251 Posts
The TaoTao Hellcat is the cheapest clone you can buy new without discounts (there's a dealership in Las Vegas selling off new unsold 2016 and 2017 Boom 125s for $750 and $800, respectively). If you order from FamilyGoKarts, you can get it for like $1150 delivered to your door and you finish assembly (front wheel and associated parts, I believe) yourself.

They're all the same basic bike underneath, however Icebear (their Grom clone is $2k), Venom ($1.5k), and Boom (give or take $1.5k) seem to have extra attention to detail, so it seems their bikes are a little more reliable than the TaoTao. And if you're really nuts, get the Lifan Grom clone, it's the most expensive out of the bunch, but it's actually more powerful than a real Grom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts