Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm looking to buy my first bike. I'm completly in love with the baxtton.com/rides/moto/bandit9-nero-motorcycle

As you can imagine I'm not gonna buy this one to start. Do you have a recommandation for something similar ?

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Off the top of my head the only regular production bike that looks even vaguely like that and isn't positively ancient is a Harley Nightster which is so far out of my price range its not even funny.
Dunno what your budget looks like.

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
If you're looking for a similar configuration, maybe look at older 70s/80s BMW's?

·
Registered
21 Posts
That's actually a Chinese copy of Russian copy of a WW2 era BMW that was then heavily customized.

But like I said without buying ancient technology there's not much else like it.

You could I suppose find a new Ural (the Russian BMW copy it was based on) and somehow take the side car off and customize it like this person did. But I don't think that Chinese bike is available outside of China.

EDIT: Correction, this is the bike you want, I didn't know Ural made a solo:
OK, can't post links yet, look up a 2013 Ural Solo sT.

·
Severed Head
464 Posts
Royal Enfield's still around too. Personally my first choice would be to find an old R65 to play with. The original R71 the nero is based on dates back to 1938. Ural and Enfield arent much better. The engine tech is so far beyond just being "old" that for US roadways they can be impractical, underpowered, and inefficient.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I've got a neighbor running a newer Royal Enfield. A 500cc Single is just fine for most people, especially people recommending Suzuki S40s. Cool bikes, they have the look you're going for and their production values have risen the past few years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome

The Royal Enfield is awesome.
Thanks

I've got a neighbor running a newer Royal Enfield. A 500cc Single is just fine for most people, especially people recommending Suzuki S40s. Cool bikes, they have the look you're going for and their production values have risen the past few years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts