Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my younger brother's sent me a picture of his new motorcycle.
He has been without a bike for several years now.

Saturday I road up to his house and had a look at it, the picture does not do it justice.

Its a 1994 HD 883. Lots of chrome, very clean, new tires, paint looks great. Looks like somebody down the line replaced the OEM peanut tank with a larger one.
It has a screaming eagle kit of some fashion it in. Runs and sounds great!

He paid $2800 for it, I told him he stole it. My Sporty is a 1995 this bike is in much better shape than mine, and no way would I sell mine for that.

·
7,494 Posts
I love Sportster's and that is sure a nice one. They are HD's most popular and trouble free bike yet.

A few years ago, I had a 2005 883R, the one with the dual front discs, rubber mounted engine, 4.5 gallon HD tanks and matching seat, Progressive, long travel rear shocks, engine guard and a factory installed stage 1 kit. It had about 3,000 miles on it when I got it and it was absolutely pristine. I wish I still had it.

Sam:biggrin:

·
Registered
275 Posts
I am not calling your brother a liar, but I would ask for proof of his claim. Check his latest bank statement and look for a recent withdrawal around $7,000.00

·
American Legion Rider
21,203 Posts
Yep. A lot find they just aren't what they want after a year. That price doesn't sound like theft to me at all. About average even. But $2800 is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts