Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Administrator - American Legion Rider - KA5LRS
22,560 Posts
The only reason I like a center stand is because it allows you to sit and relax on the bike. I see people sit on big cruisers while they're on the kickstand, but on the small aluminum frame bikes it seems like you could easily break the kickstand mounting point doing that.
My model Indian is known for that. Unfortunately they don’t make a center stand for it. I would have loved to have one but it’s now triked so just as good.

· Registered
1,212 Posts
My model Indian is known for that. Unfortunately they don’t make a center stand for it. I would have loved to have one but it’s now triked so just as good.
When I lowered my FZ09 it sat nearly vertical on the now too long kickstand, so I was able to sit on it an 99% of the weight was on the tires. I almost left it like that I liked it so much, but I've since cut and welded the kickstand for a more normal lean.

· Registered
Honda Tiderls, Ural Solos & BMW R60/6
1,302 Posts
My 1937 Harley-Davidson EL Knucklehead had a rear wheel stand, it was dandy to basic adjustments etc. but when I sat my 180# bum on it it folded up .

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.