Motorcycle Forum banner

121 - 140 of 347 Posts

·
Nightfly
4,236 Posts
I don't usually comment on they style and genre of music people listen to but I thought one time I would make an exception.
This is the style of music that I play and what I find speaks to me as a writer. I understand many are into hard rock, metal and pop and I have no problem with any of that. It's all good and we all have our own taste in music. As it should be.

·
Ace Tuner
2,366 Posts

·
Ace Tuner
2,366 Posts
Well check that out... ?
Looks like you guys fixed the music video loading problem with the new change. ?

Congrats, Ya'll did good
?

·
American Legion Rider
21,183 Posts
That ole boy just doesn't look like a country and western singer and I really can't believe who he was married to. Just doesn't fit my mold.:)

Reactions: Retired Guy

·
Ace Tuner
2,366 Posts
That ole boy just doesn't look like a country and western singer and I really can't believe who he was married to. Just doesn't fit my mold.:)
Yeah I think it could be (?) her that he mentions in this tune...

·
On The Road Again!
3,271 Posts
Jennifer Nettles from Sugarland....
Pretty as all heck and man can she sing!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Right now we are listening to some pretty hot Count Basie, one of his last recordings from 1981. Just bought it tonight from a little local record shop that stays open late. Basie's got all the style and energy that made him famous, plus the benefit of great early eighties LP recording technology. Vinyl can sound amazing, when done well.

We also picked up Thelonious Monk and John Coltrane at Carnegie Hall. This one was a charity benefit performed in 1957. It was taped and filed in the Library of Congress and was totally unknown until 2005, when the Recording Lab Supervisor (Larry Applebaum) found it and realized what it was. Some call it a miracle album. It's one of the best performances of its kind, IMO.

The last album wasn't in stock at the store, but they ordered it. A singer songwriter from South Africa named Gregory Alan Isakov. Kind of hipstery, soulful folk-rock. Very relaxing and kind of addictive. Never heard of him until tonight, when a friend texted me about this album. Sampled on Amazon but they didn't have the vinyl. Glad to live in a city with old school record stores.

·
Ace Tuner
2,366 Posts

·
Ace Tuner
2,366 Posts

·
Ace Tuner
2,366 Posts

·
Ace Tuner
2,366 Posts