Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my friend just bought his first bike its an 83 Suzuki GS450L the other day. first problem was a dead battery and no kick starter. second problem is when we charged the battery it didn't even act like a battery was connected ie: no reaction from the starter button and the gear lights wont come on same as the horn and the turn signals not operational. we decided to bump start it and that works for the most part. the thing is though it starts it starts rough as hell and is all jumpy. then every once in a while it will start beautifully and run great for about five minutes before it sputters out and dies, is this due to the battery? or is it something to do with the starter or even something else that us two noobies haven't thought of?:71baldboy:

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,300 Posts
Replace the battery with a new one. Drain all the gas out of it, carbs included. Check fuel filter. Replace if needed Add fresh gas with a couple of ounces of SeaFoam or some other fuel cleaning additive. Fill the carbs and let it sit for a day or so.

Then try and start it

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Ya know, Critter............was just looking a bit closer at the picture you use in your posts.

Where is that? Are you BEHIND a waterfall?

-Soupy

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,300 Posts
Yes I am Soup Bridal Veil on State Route 28 in NC

·
American Legion Rider
23,527 Posts
Yes I am Soup Bridal Veil on State Route 28 in NC
Wonder how many more times you'll have to answer that?:confused: Maybe you should just add it to the sig line.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts