Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so today we started our range riding in our MSF course. "OMG i cant belive how fun counter steering is!!!!!" ok now that i got that out.

Good news i have made my choice on a bike as far as size and cc gose.

In our msf's we are riding 500 buell's WICH i dont like one bit. Very clunkly gearbox >.< As well as riding them at low rpm's in turns they tended to putt putt along and shook way to aggressively. The putt putt to the point just of stalling out mid turn which mine did. ((and yes btw i went over.)) But the good news is the bike did crash to the ground as i was lucky to have enough strength or maybe it was just my position at the point it cut off, eather way i stopped it from hitting the ground and i got it back up hoped right back on it after the engine was de-flooded from the stall everything was good to go.

Only one person fell today mostly due to the fact that they didnt give themselves enough space between me and them and when entering the turn he grabbed himself a lot of font and rear break and he went down. Nothing busted but a turn signal and he was all good.

NINJA 2 mother fa**ing 50

I know i don't want a something to big for a starter bike now, but if some one complanes about my 250 they can go fak them selfs in the butt.

While the buells are500cc bikes i and very small and low weighing in at about 360 ish pounds once your up to speed there pretty decent but any time you slow down they shake so much its annoying and its very distracting. I dont think i would want one as a first bike.

STALLING?!?!

Yeah i did a few times but after awhile i got the hang of the clutch pretty quick i don't mean to be rude but i don't like the buell blast thats just my open opinion about them. Had the bike been any heavier i would have dropped it completely to the ground. I will admit the bike is light and stearing at decent speeds is a breeze. I just hope the ninja 250 will be even more user friendly than the buell, but im still keeping the CBR 250 open as a option as well so its between those 2 bikes.

So guys what do you have to say about the Buell 500 vs the Ninja 250 seeing as how a few of you have pro owned both if not still do.

Also the cone weave was screwing me up i couldn't figure out what i was doing wrong but if felt like if i made the turn any sharper the bike would stall out and drop over. actually that's when it did stall during the cone weave D: I know to look where you want to go but it didn't seem to be working as effective on the cones like it dose during turns.
------------
TheDraggyZ ^_^

·
Take it to the track
137 Posts
So guys what do you have to say about the Buell 500 vs the Ninja 250 seeing as how a few of you have pro owned both if not still do.
I, or more correctly, my wife owned a Blast and I put on lots of miles on it. I have not ridden the 250, but I have lots of friends that race them.

There is a reason so few people race Buell's, but the 250 class is HUGE:thumbsup:

Some fun for you, the guy that passes at the beginning is on a GSX-R 600. The camera is on the Ninja 250.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I, or more correctly, my wife owned a Blast and I put on lots of miles on it. I have not ridden the 250, but I have lots of friends that race them.

There is a reason so few people race Buell's, but the 250 class is HUGE:thumbsup:

Some fun for you, the guy that passes at the beginning is on a GSX-R 600. The camera is on the Ninja 250.

Well im not Saying the Blast is a POS i find that very untrue. I also find that there is no such ting as a girl bike.

I just dont like how low the power is on the blast in sharp turns or even just barly moving its so shaky and it feels like the bike is just gonna die at you. A few riders even had the bike die on them several times myself included just at idle.
The bike running then it just putts and dies. Some of us would come ot a stop clutch pulled in and the bike dies. The bikes only have around 500-800 miles on them but when you think about it the parts in the bike have several thousands of miles worth of wear in them. Im just hoping the 250 will be smoother than the blast.
Also like i said had the bike been any heavier with my current strength it may have ended up hitting the ground hard. So im looking to pick between the Cbr 250 and ninja 250 as first bikes I guess eather one could handle cruising at 70 just fine.

Im not looking to race any bikes but i did like how nimble the blast was in a turn im hoping the ninja will offer the same if not better handling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts