Motorcycle Forum banner

Moving Photo Shoot

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Koda Coyote 
#1 ·
My best friend (Bob Dabbelt of TENFIVE Studios) that I've known since elementary school came back from Texas this week for an extended visit. He is a professional photographer and I have posted his work of my bikes on here before. He is just simply AMAZING at what he does. Two years ago we did a few shots of my Triumph Thruxton while both of us were moving. We secured him into the back of a Toyota 4-Runner with ratchet straps and shot while on the move, as my girlfriend was driving. The effect really demonstrated the speed. Interestingly, he had never done such a shoot before and the results were just absolutely stunning.

This year I wanted to get some shots of me showing a bit of body posture. Of course he agrees and starts mulling over how he could pull off close up shots while I blow by at...the speed limit..lol. The use of an extreme wide-angle lens, a 12 megapixel Nikon and 10 frames per second shutter speed were his solution. Here are a few of the shots he took and there are more to come.

Yes, I blew by him, literally within a foot (he could have EASILY touched me), and no I don't recommend it to folks with a low skill set. In other words, don't try this at home! As you will also notice, for safety reasons, he was always on the inside of the turn and I wasn't even near 50% of my limit. I felt EXTREMELY comfortable at these distances, speeds and lean angles. Had I not, I wouldn't have risked my friends life. He knows my skill set and was more than comfortable as well. In fact, we had a blast!

First is an example of my Thruxton from a few years ago. The next few are from this past Sunday. I have more but I'm excited to see the next batch!

RyanBrady13color by kodacoyote, on Flickr

Brady_CBR3 by kodacoyote, on Flickr

Brady_CBR5 by kodacoyote, on Flickr

See less See more
#11 ·
Great shots....
Great photos, awesome angles!
Definitely cool -- Love the 1st pic!
Pretty cool pictures.
Thanks gentlemen. I enjoyed the process. Some of the others didn't turn out as well as expected. Apparently I was moving too fast for the speed of the camera or something. Dunno. The good thing is that he is here for a few more weeks and we fully intend on getting some more. I would like to put him on the outside of the turn (at a distance) and get one of me fully leaned over with a knee down so that all you see is the bike, my arm and a leg.

#16 ·
Thanks Blaine, he is most definitely a pro. He has talent in many areas, including being an accomplished musician.

DistantThunder, I appreciate the PM. If you want to see more of his work, just visit his website http://www.tenfivestudios.com/

The bike that you referred to as "orange" is actually yellow. Its the old racing yellow to be exact. It just looks a bit more orange next to the CBR's bright yellow pearl color.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.