Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A motorcyclist was killed when rear ended by a speeding car in Omaha, NE over the weekend. Investigators say the driver has a history of seizures.

Witnesses said a speeding car rear-ended a motorcycle, smashing it into an SUV and killing Gregory K. Balcom, 54, who was on the motorcycle...

A Chevy was also struck in the crash, but the driver and her 18-month-old child were uninjured.

Neighbors told police the car that started the deadly chain reaction of crashes was speeding before hitting Balcom.

In a case like this, you'd only be safe if you were in a tank. :frown:

Read more HERE

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Seizing drivers...

We had something similar occur in Huntsville. A "medically impaired" driver took out 9 cars, a motorcycle,
and two trucks at two different intersections,

One fatality, seven victims taken to hospital. Driver was reportedly doing 100+ mph.

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2013/11/post_1262.html

The crumpled balls of steel that remained are barely unrecognizable as cars.

·
American Legion Rider
23,769 Posts
These kind of things just seem like a higher power had other plans. As unfortunately as it is. But will the person used to accomplish those plans be made so that they can no longer do such things? I doubt it but their licensed should be taken away at the very least. I know it won't stop them but it might slow them down each time they drive again anyway. Someone else might live because of that. There is nothing that will help the families on both sides though. Just sad.

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These kind of things just seem like a higher power had other plans.
I do believe in a sovereign God, yet there are consequences for our actions and I believe God will allow the consequences of poor choices to play out.

Even if one is not a believer, in this case a person who has a history of seizures is playing Russian Roulette with other people's lives. :mad:

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
The problem is, as bad as it is, there are millions of healthy people behind the wheel while their attention is on their fingers texting on the phone. And they kill more people than the ones with health problems. There are ways to stop both, but it seems nobody really cares.

·
American Legion Rider
23,769 Posts
I agree. My father-in-law surrendered his license after he had just one seizure. Said he felt something many times but nothing happened. He never drove again. Died about 3 years later of related problems.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Amen.....i and questioning my ability to drive at night...cataracts just not ripe enough to do surgery.....doesn't bother me out in the country..but with a bunch of lights I am dangerous....but riding at night is not a problem

·
American Legion Rider
23,769 Posts
Had both mine done and I still can't see worth spit at night. Not even sure it was worth the pain of the darn drops. Still have to have tri-focals to boot. Had them before, just a change in script.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts