Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really, but it damn well ought to be!

We need to push Congress to enact a bill recognizing riding motorcycles as therapeutic, and therefore covered under ACA.

Everyone I know acknowledges riding keeps them from going crazy. What oral medication can make that claim? What shrink?

Say, a $10,000 stipend for a new bike every 5 years, with a lifetime maximum of $50,000, along with $4K annual tax deduction against expenses, repairs, modifications, customization.

That and 10 EXTRA days of vacation (riding time) for all government employees and business that do any business WITH the gubbmit, or with gubbmit employees. (That'll cover Taco Bell)

Some people are all for small gubbmit. Not me, baby. If those phockers in Washington can spend billions blowing up the Middle East, they can at least help me stay in the saddle instead of going nuts just THINKING about how they waste my tax dollars, and allowing major corporations to completely skate on paying taxes.

Clearly there's a valid medical basis for such legislation...

Who's with me on this?

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I'm totally in...if people can take little lap dogs into restaurants with them and call them therapy dogs, then we ought to be able to get some special break for having a therapy hog :)

·
American Legion Rider
18,507 Posts
You running for Congress Wade? You'll get our votes.:D

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm totally in...if people can take little lap dogs into restaurants with them and call them therapy dogs, then we ought to be able to get some special break for having a therapy hog :)
Therapy Hog!

You nailed it!

I could see a line of t-shirts, bumper stickers...

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Dangerous to put the government in charge, some liberal will determine that the maximum motorcycle that you will need to enjoy the therapeutic benefits, will be an electric equivalent to a 125 cc gas powered one. Type of helmet and clothing will most likely be regulated as well.
No thanks Wade, I will enjoy my therapy on my own terms!

·
American Legion Rider
18,507 Posts
I think Wade is just being silly and giving an example of how things could work ideally that might work to get us even with the welfare takers. We all know there isn't a perfect world. He's just being light hearted. Ya'll are being too serious. You are going to get a ulcer like this.

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are going to get a ulcer like this.
It's hard to get a chuckle out of this crowd...

In my experience the best humor is ALWAYS when the audience isn't 100% sure if someone is serious or not... then the over-the-top REACTIONS usually become the most humorous part....

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
It's hard to get a chuckle out of this crowd...

In my experience the best humor is ALWAYS when the audience isn't 100% sure if someone is serious or not... then the over-the-top REACTIONS usually become the most humorous part....
I got that! I fully intended my comment to be tongue and cheek as well!
Really did not mean for it to come off so serious......:confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts