Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a rough day at work and a lot of stress at home and school, I thought I was about to lose my mind until I straddled my bike and took a 40ish min ride. Now I feel great, this is my first season riding with my bike and I think it releases some kind of drug because now I feel great! I think if more people rode we would have minimal crime and some of those pharmaceutical companies would go under.

·
Aging & Worn
4,517 Posts
When I ride.........I get totally immersed in the ride itself. I have experienced the feeling of being "lost" (if you will) in the ride. Welcome to the land of the "bike zombies!!"

-Soupy

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Soupy, I know the feeling I get the same way, the focus goes from all of your woes to just you and the bike. Also some, of that is from the pure enjoyment and some from the trying not to die. A dog that got off of its leash and we almost killed each other during my ride but we both ended up getting away alive.. I am proud to be a (living) bike zombie!

-Jared

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I used take a slightly longer ride home after work that had 11 traffic island plus a few other corners. Now every traffic island had a turn into it, an opposite turn around it, and another opposite turn out of it plus a little wriggle to straighten up. 44 turns in all, loved that ride.

I find that I concentrate so much on the bike, the road, other vehicles etc that I can't worry about what's happened during the day. Riding my bike is a real stress reliever.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Six years ago when I returned from about a twenty year hiatus I thought of getting a bike only as a toy to play with in the evening after work or on the weekends. I also thought a long ride would become boring because driving in any four wheel I would always be listening to a stereo. Now in the warmer weather months I use the bike as transportation as much as possible and don't miss the music or anything else. Plus I get over double the gas mileage so it has become a win win that is a lot more fun and exhilarating.

·
Aging & Worn
4,517 Posts
Last season, I rode the bike so frequently, that I actually put the truck battery on a Battery Tender.

As for the ride itself, I have to be careful. Too many "take the long way home" rides, and I'll piss off the wife!!

-Soupy

·
Aging & Worn
4,517 Posts
Sorry for correcting your spelling..........it's the "teacher" in me that comes out all the time (lol).

-Soupy

1 - 20 of 44 Posts