Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi friends,looking for an honest american company that makes their on stators.. i installed a $30 Chinese stator in my bike,volts went to 14.4volts..it worked fine for 6 months till i went on a trip and hit speeds of 70mph for 4 hours,after the trip the volt meter went down to 12.8-volts,battery tested good,rectifier tested good.i tested the stator and when i put the multi meter on it checking if it shorted out to ground..it did,insulation must have burned up somewhere on it,would like to get an american stator with beefed up wires and insulation....... thanks for you help and interest

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot for the response,i googled them and it said they sell stators on ebay
,so i went on ebay and they sell them for my bike for $150.00 each..i was surprised
to see they were identical in every way to all the $30 Chinese stators,green trim high and low
,copper color insulation,the frame,wires.there is another american co. on ebay their stators look
completely different than all the Chinese stators. the ebay seller is Electrosport Industries .they
use heavy lite blue insulation and no green trim high and low like all the Chinese stators
price was $94.00 each,i have a couple bikes from the 1980's with the same oem stator with no problems
this job is important because i'm doing it and the last Chinese stator i installed only lasted 6 months

·
Premium Member
8,102 Posts
I have a new diesel heater made in China that does not work. So I try and avoid anything made in China if possible.
Many other items have failed. The master cylinder on Yami was made in Taiwan, and it works fine.
I paid extra for a starter relay for my Triumph. The chimp is referring to the virus. UK

Attachments

·
Registered
2010 Kawasaki Concours 1400
24 Posts
Ricks stators are very good! I've been to his shop in New Hampshire, he's been making stators, and regulator/rectifiers for decades now. I put one of his stators and reg/rect in my 98 VFR800 about 10 years ago and it still works better than the stock unit. Reaches spec charging voltage 14.4VDC at 3,000RPM and stays right there. Stock was closer to 5,000 RPM and the reg/rect ran hot. Stay away from the Chinese junk sold on eBay. When it fails you have very little if any recourse for replacement.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ricks stators are very good! I've been to his shop in New Hampshire, he's been making stators, and regulator/rectifiers for decades now. I put one of his stators and reg/rect in my 98 VFR800 about 10 years ago and it still works better than the stock unit. Reaches spec charging voltage 14.4VDC at 3,000RPM and stays right there. Stock was closer to 5,000 RPM and the reg/rect ran hot. Stay away from the Chinese junk sold on eBay. When it fails you have very little if any recourse for replacement.
Thank you for all the interesting information about rick's,yes that Chinese stator from ebay lasted 6 months.i can see the volts on my bike volt meter get lower every month from 14.5 volts to 13.9 volts to 12.8 volts when i was 200 miles from home..however i did make the 200 mile home trip with only 12.8 volts showing on my bikes volt meter, when i did a stator test i found out it grounded out somewhere,somehow

1 - 7 of 7 Posts