Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently, I bought a new am/fm motorcycle radio on ebay from grapebaiwans. It comes with two 2 1/2" handlebar mount speakers, and the radio unit is about the size of a pack of cigarette's. It even has a clock that displays when the radio is off ! I love that ! It also has an input jack for an ipod, mp3, cd, etc... and also a jack for headphones or helmet speakers, right on the front panel, and also has outputs with RCA plugs in case you wish to input the radio into another amplifier. I made a little foot long antenna for the back of my trike, and this little radio receives as well as the stereo in my pickup now. The radio and speakers were $39.98 shipped, and thats anywhere in the USA. He will have some cool helmet speakers on there in about 2 weeks as well. Im very excited about that ! The little speakers are ok in town, but don't cut it on the freeway with my german helmet.
Alot of my buddies have bought these also, and we all agree that their the coolest thing since invention of toilet paper. I love mine so much, I wrote a review and made a video for grapbaiwans to put in his ads. :D Dennis

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
First off, I know lots of folks use radios, GPS, ......all kinds of "stuff" on their bikes. "Good on em" I say. Enjoy!!

Me personally? Naw. I like music and all that, but when I "ride," I don't need to be entertained or distracted. the "ride" ITSELF, entertains me (never mind paying attention to what I'm doing) and challenges me enough to keep me occupied.

Good luck with your new purchase!!

-Soupy

·
Registered
282 Posts
That's awesome, I have always wanted a music on my bike but.......I have to agree, almost all the guys that I ride with have music and Im somewhat envious but when I ride, I want to have my attention where it counts. Just me.

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,665 Posts
You guys get distracted too dam^ easy. ;)
I have music playing pretty much all the time, it helps me focus.
There are plenty of studies that show that workers who listen to music are more productive.

I had a Shark system on my VTX that is similar, but that price is pretty awesome.
How many watts???

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,267 Posts
I always have music on or the tv at home while I am doing things. Just don't ask me what is playing because I won't know. It is white noise.

·
8,665 Posts
I always have music on or the tv at home while I am doing things. Just don't ask me what is playing because I won't know. It is white noise.
Until "That" song comes on and then the head-banging begins.:biggrin:

·
13,267 Posts
True that! Are you monitoring me?

·
8,665 Posts
True that! Are you monitoring me?
Yes, I find you quite attractive and have been following you, both on the internet and when you ride.

WTF kinda question is that???:coffeescreen::coffeescreen::coffeescreen:

·
13,267 Posts
I thought you knew what I used to do for a living

·
American Legion Rider
22,100 Posts
The only thing I have to watch for is twisting the throttle on some tunes. Some just scream more speed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts