7341 - 7360 of 7520 Posts

· Premium Member
2009 BMW R1200RT-Patrol
493 Posts
Oh no! My challenge timed out!
I am actually "cool with that".
Obviously a poor challenge.

Nose Lip Hand Smile Mouth

I thought .... being November and all ...
So much for my thinking ...

Move on to one that keeps us moving on.

· Zip
3,196 Posts
I don't know. I think there's some confusion about the intent of Rule 3.

So, to get this thing moving again, I'm asking the collective: what does Rule 3 really mean? Does the challenge go back to the most recent challenge winner, the one who issued the failed challenge? Or does it go back to the previous challenge winner?

For context, here is Rule 3:
3 - Challenge is good for 2 weeks, if it is not met, the previous picture poster picks a new challenge.

· Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,414 Posts
All intent is right here:

the previous picture poster picks a new challenge.

To me that reads the winner of the last challenge is the previous picture poster. So he picks another challenge. Easy Peasy..

· Registered
2018 Yamaha SVTC
458 Posts
All intent is right here:

the previous picture poster picks a new challenge.

To me that reads the winner of the last challenge is the previous picture poster. So he picks another challenge. Easy Peasy..
I would agree with your interpretation.

· Registered
2,114 Posts
I actually disagree. If the person who won the challenge, posts a new challenge and it times out, then for me the previous picture poster is the winner before the current timed out poster. Otherwise it would simply read that the current poster just post a new challenge. But, whatever. I'll go with the general consensus, it's only a forum page after all.

· Administrator - American Legion Rider - KA5LRS
22,582 Posts
Sounds like it's time to edit rule #3 so there is no confusion as to who is on the hook for another challenge. That is, once y'all figure it out to begin with.

· Ace Tuner
4,173 Posts
3 - Challenge is good for 2 weeks, if it is not met, the previous picture poster picks a new challenge.
9 - All challenges can be removed by me. At which point the postee of the challenge will be asked to change his current challenge. After being asked ......
I agreed with the consensus then I compared the wording in rule 3 to wording in rule 9...... ? D'oh! ?

S F

· Registered
2,114 Posts
I agreed with the consensus then I compared the wording in rule 3 to wording in rule 9...... ? D'oh! ?

S F
You left out the rest of the rules which says: 9 - All challenges can be removed by me. At which point the postee of the challenge will be asked to change his current challenge. After being asked once and there is no change or challenger posts another crapy challenge then the prior challenge winner will pick a new one.

I believe that this rule supports my position that the previous challenger chooses a new challenge after the most recent challenger's two week period has expired.

I don't care if it is Max or Bitter, just as long as there is a generally agreed upon and accepted interpretation of the rules.

Ok, everyone post up your interpretation and we vote for Admin to change and clarify Rule #3 based upon the vote.

Show of hands....oh, right, we're online.

However, I guess that in the scheme of things, this is far from important, but meh - I'm bored and I'm one of those people who operate best when guidelines are clear - whether I abide by them or not..

· Zip
3,196 Posts
Like @Doktor, I like to have things spelled out for me. In that vein, and hopefully to make it easy for folks to express their preference, I'll lay out the choices the way I'd like someone to lay them out for me.

Option A: the issuer of the failed challenge (Your bike on a trip through the snow) gets to issue a new challenge. In this case, that's @Bitterroot Bugler.

Option B: the issuer of the failed challenge does not get another chance; instead, the issuer of the most recently met challenge (your bike with something warm) gets to issue a new challenge. In this case, that's @Maxpressure520.

So, what should Rule 3 really mean? Choose option A or B.

7341 - 7360 of 7520 Posts