Motorcycle Forum banner
7281 - 7300 of 7347 Posts

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Thanks Max.

This one will probably preclude a lot of members, but I don't remember it being up for a while or at all.

Your bike with a fully-rigged sailing ship - under sail. Technically a fully-rigged or full rigged ship has three masts, but to make it easier I will accept double-masted ships like Schooners/Brigantines. A pic of some sad little sunken skiff with a torn jib won't cut the mustard....lol.

Good luck guys.

Your bike with a fully-rigged sailing ship - under sail.

·
Visionary
6,224 Posts
The under sail part is what’s going to make this really tough, plenty of big old sailing ships in museums or permanently docked but to catch one sailing…

Your bike with a fully-rigged sailing ship - under sail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
EDIT: Ok, I can see that this challenge may be too difficult given the dearth of tri-mast sailing ships and the fact that the Nth Hem is coming into winter. So here is the revised challenge:

Your bike with some rendition of a fully rigged sailing ship - under sail.

By rendition, it could be a model, a painting, a sign or hell: even a bottle of Cutty Sark on your bike seat.

·
Visionary
6,224 Posts
Your bike with anything or anyone you are thankful for.
I was trying to think of the perfect picture for this, so many things I'm thankful for, my wife, my home, my job, my children, my motorcycles, but nothing seemed just right...until this morning. Then a simple, but perfect answer came to me as I rode to work today:
I realized I was very, very thankful for the heated jacket, gloves, handgrips and seat that were making it possible for me to ride in comfort an hour to work in 26F weather, I was probably warmer than the people riding in their cars :cool:

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank
Product Outdoor shoe Automotive tire Grey Bag

( BTW, This garage is open on the sides and I was FREEZING after taking all of this off to take the picture, I RAN into work after this :)

·
Visionary
6,224 Posts
Thank God for heated gear. Youre up Mike.
Inspired by a certain Nightmare before Christmas on the next block., who just couldn't wait till after Thanksgiving.

Next Challenge:
Your bike with a house with Christmas Decorations up before Thanksgiving!

·
Visionary
6,224 Posts
They start putting up Christmas decorations and playing Christmas songs in the shops and malls from 1 October here.:rolleyes:
Well it's not like they celebrate Thanksgiving there!
It should be easy for you to find a place to take a picture of

Reactions: maxpressure805

·
Visionary
6,224 Posts
Does it have to be a house?

I was thinking a house since we have one around the corner but if you have something else that's really decorated for Christmas it would probably be acceptable... go for it!

Reactions: maxpressure805

·
Zip
3,393 Posts
I could literally coast my motorcycle down my driveway and over to my next door neighbor's house to get this picture. But since I've done that a couple of times already in this thread, I think I'll refrain. And I don't think I'm going to be doing any actual riding anytime soon:
Car Sky Tire Plant Snow

7281 - 7300 of 7347 Posts