Motorcycle Forum banner
6701 - 6720 of 6796 Posts

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,734 Posts
Mike get on the ball, Gunner is waiting. Those airplanes at Newark can wait.

·
Registered
2018 Yamaha SVTC
122 Posts
Gunner, You got to wait until the author of the last challenge okays your post then you can do your thing. It's the rules..........................
Hey @Critter , I didn’t see that requirement within the rules.
“The rules here are simple. Be sure to note them before creating the next challenge for the rest of us.

1 - Has to be YOUR motorcycle.
2 - Picture has to be taken after challenge is made.
3 - Challenge is good for 2 weeks, if it is not met, the previous picture poster picks a new challenge.
4 - Nothing illegal to be challenged.
5 - Keep comments to a minimum, if you comment, post the current challenge after your comment. In Bold Italics
6 - No repeat challenges.
7 - All challenges must be of you bike and a landmark, something most people can ride to or find in their area.
8 - No other bikes can be used in a challenge, ie. your bike next to a Ducati. Some exceptions allowed, ie. you bike next to a bike cop.
9 - All challenges can be removed by me. At which point the postee of the challenge will be asked to change his current challenge. After being asked once and there is no change or challenger posts another crapy challenge then the prior challenge winner will pick a new one.”

·
Registered
2018 Yamaha SVTC
122 Posts
Must be one of those unwritten rules :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, that's how we've been playing. Maybe we should just go with the rules as written.
I’m just trying to follow the rules. As a new member I went back and reviewed the “written” established rules so I could be in compliance, but I didn’t find the rule I was told to obey.
Please tell me the rules are not “flowing” like convos in a thread!

·
Ace Tuner
3,995 Posts
Gunner, You got to wait until the author of the last challenge okays your post then you can do your thing. It's the rules..........................
Hey @Critter , I didn’t see that requirement within the rules.
Must be one of those unwritten rules :ROFLMAO:
Seriously, that's how we've been playing. Maybe we should just go with the rules as written.
I think we had a debate, or discussion about waiting for the challenge to be accepted by the challenge maker before the next challenge should be put up.
We may have even voted on it but as I recall only a few voted. (Something like 3 or maybe 4).
So... The Rules Could Possibly Be a Little Bit Flowing.
It's probably my fault but I think we should blame @CRracer712, the secret agent... :ROFLMAO: Cause I'd rather not take the heat. :cool:
Sides that...

(Mostly we just have fun pretending we care about the rules).
S F :)

Edit:
And again I forgot rule 5...
A PICTURE OF YOUR BIKE WITH A “GULF” GAS STATION SIGN. MUST HAVE THE ROUND “GULF” SIGN.

- OR- Something About a Christmas Tree
:ROFLMAO:

·
Visionary
5,535 Posts
Mike get on the ball, Gunner is waiting. Those airplanes at Newark can wait.
Not me, this was Candy's challenge..I see she already replied though, and the new challenge is
A PICTURE OF YOUR BIKE WITH A “GULF” GAS STATION SIGN. MUST HAVE THE ROUND “GULF” SIGN.

·
Visionary
5,535 Posts
I’m just trying to follow the rules. As a new member I went back and reviewed the “written” established rules so I could be in compliance, but I didn’t find the rule I was told to obey.
Rules are guidelines and we make them up as we go along anyway :cool: .
That rule has been pretty well established and followed though, so I think it's here to stay, just like the infamous rule #5

This post is rule 5 compliant.. A PICTURE OF YOUR BIKE WITH A “GULF” GAS STATION SIGN. MUST HAVE THE ROUND “GULF” SIGN.

·
Registered
2015 custom/ modded Yamaha R3
1,514 Posts
Thanks!
Like I said: Next Challenge
Do those still exist?

·
Registered
2018 Yamaha SVTC
122 Posts
Do those still exist?

@Maxpressure520 If I didn’t have one near me and seen it, I wouldn’t have put it out there. I have 10 within 50 miles of me. Just did a Google search and there are 2,000 stations nationwide.

This post is Rule#5 compliant: 😁
A PICTURE OF YOUR BIKE WITH A “GULF” GAS STATION SIGN. MUST HAVE THE ROUND “GULF” SIGN

·
Registered
2018 Yamaha SVTC
122 Posts
My 2008 Vision in a Gulf gas station with a Gulf sign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As the originator of this challenge I do hereby decree that the requirements as put forth have been fully met! 😁
Good job @mike721 !
LETS HAVE THE NEXT CHALLENGE PLEASE!

·
Visionary
5,535 Posts
Good morning.
The pre dawn darkness and the sunrise is a peaceful, beautiful time of the day that too many of us never get to ride in. I am one of the privileged ones that gets to enjoy it on my ride into work each day. I want to share the wealth, so the next challenge will be:
A picture of your bike with the rising sun, the sun should be JUST breaking the horizon for this picture. Bonus points if you obtain the picture from a notable, scenic spot.

·
Registered
2018 Yamaha SVTC
122 Posts
Good morning.
The pre dawn darkness and the sunrise is a peaceful, beautiful time of the day that too many of us never get to ride in. I am one of the privileged ones that gets to enjoy it on my ride into work each day. I want to share the wealth, so the next challenge will be:
A picture of your bike with the rising sun, the sun should be JUST breaking the horizon for this picture. Bonus points if you obtain the picture from a notable, scenic spot.
That’s kinda hard when it’s 12 degrees!
This post is rule #5 compliant! 🤣

·
Visionary
5,535 Posts
That’s kinda hard when it’s 12 degrees!
This post is rule #5 compliant! 🤣
Not really hard, see post #10,748 in the what did you do with your bike today thread.

Rule compliance... A picture of your bike with the rising sun, the sun should be JUST breaking the horizon for this picture. Bonus points if you obtain the picture from a notable, scenic spot.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,734 Posts
That would mean I would have to get up before 9.

Reactions: Maxpressure520

·
Visionary
5,535 Posts
That would mean I would have to get up before 9.

No need to wake up, you can just stay up till sunrise. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6701 - 6720 of 6796 Posts