Motorcycle Forum banner
6581 - 6600 of 6622 Posts

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,668 Posts
At todays lumber prices you are sitting on a fortune Krusty.

My friends in Vernon said that all access to the coast is cut off. How are you guys doing out on the islands?

Reactions: Maxpressure520

·
Premium Member
10,060 Posts
At todays lumber prices you are sitting on a fortune Krusty.

My friends in Vernon said that all access to the coast is cut off. How are you guys doing out on the islands?
Has been nice here for 2 days, and probably back to normal for a while. $89 for a sheet of decent 5/8 ply. I bought just about everything I needed, before the prices went up. But the front porch still cost about $2,000. Materials only, and I had the tin for the roof.
We pay 5% goods and services tax on everything, plus a BC sales tax. BUT, the GST is refundable if you build a new house. And it includes the property that I bought about 12 years ago. That is the good news. I cashed in a bunch of $$ that is subject to capitol gains tax that will be due next year. The GST refund should cover the gains tax, and leave enough to subsidize the trip to Scotland if we go. From trailer park guy to land baron. Who knew. UK

·
Premium Member
10,060 Posts
Quincy California.
Sweet, nice area.
Wot I meant was: You need to say that the pics of my bike, Yami, next to the stack of lumber, is acceptable to meet the requirements of wot you said. Which was. Your bike next to some logs or lumber. If you say it is okay, then I can post the next challenge. Nice area near Redding. Nice climate, hopefully far enough away from Sacramento, and LA.

I might add. I have been thru that area in a 57 Chev panel van, that wondered all over the freeway. A Vet with a 396 motor that was loud, made tons of giddy up, and we averaged around 100. A 53 Bentley that I ran around 80 to 85, and some other vehicles that I forgot about. UK

·
Visionary
5,411 Posts
My Vision in the dark, in the rain, in front of a closed main road, it’s been out for 2 months since a sinkhole caused by the tropical storm we had opened up and swallowed the road. The detour is a pain and there are a bunch of big warehouses down there, it’s a mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Visionary
5,411 Posts
Good Morning!
Nothing says good morning like a good cup of strong, black coffee, I'm having mine right now.
So the next challenge is; Your bike with a sign that says Coffee.

·
Visionary
5,411 Posts
I don't drink coffee. Bleecch! Awful stuff!
Me neither. That's a grown-up drink so I don't go anywhere near it! 😆
I can telll that you two don't get up at 02:30 every day :)
Actually I developed my coffee drinking appreciation habit addiction during 20 years on grave shift, but it works at 0dark30 as well :)

·
Premium Member
2018 Kawasaki NINJA 650 ABS KRT
953 Posts
I can telll that you two don't get up at 02:30 every day :)
Actually I developed my coffee drinking appreciation habit addiction during 20 years on grave shift, but it works at 0dark30 as well :)
Nope. It's bad enough to have to get up at 5am on class range days. I HATE it. :mad: But once I'm there and my students start rolling in, I'm okay, but I never really wake up till after lunch.:sleep:
Even though I'm more of a night owl, I find that I need to get up between 6:30 and 7:30 or I feel like I'm running behind all day.

·
Short Fuse
765 Posts
I love coffee. Arabica particularly. My wonderful wife wakes me up in the morning with a cup of drip-filter coffee. The smell of coffee throughout the house in the morning is great. I had a Braun drip-filter coffee maker that lasted 24 years before finally dying. That was a sad day. I probably drink about 5 cups a day - but I don't think that I'm addicted. Just don't attempt to talk to me until the first cup is down. :coffee:;):coffee:

·
On The Road Again!
4,352 Posts
Nope. It's bad enough to have to get up at 5am on class range days. I HATE it. :mad: But once I'm there and my students start rolling in, I'm okay, but I never really wake up till after lunch.:sleep:
Even though I'm more of a night owl, I find that I need to get up between 6:30 and 7:30 or I feel like I'm running behind all day.
Oh no! Another night owl. I'm surrounded by them!
My mother told me that I was born at 5:15 am.
I've been on that schedule ever since. I'm usually awake somewhere between 5 and 6 am. Whether I actually get out of bed depends on whether I have somewhere to go or something to do that day.
Used to make my mother nuts when I was a kid. I'd be up and at it bright and early, when she wanted to sleep. LOL!!

Your bike with a sign that says Coffee.

·
Visionary
5,411 Posts
No takers? I thought I gave you guys an easy one...

·
Registered
2015 custom/ modded Yamaha R3
1,264 Posts
Its only been 4 days now ma dood. Alot of broos arent riding right now i guess? Went for a Sunday funday run and only saw like a few motos. If it comes down to it Raven will deliver.☕🏍

6581 - 6600 of 6622 Posts