Motorcycle Forum banner
6541 - 6560 of 6622 Posts

·
Visionary
5,410 Posts
New challenge;
Your bike with a log cabin or a modern log home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Maxpressure520

·
Registered
511 Posts
From the interwebs:

"Built around 1803 and first located on South College Street, Bingham House is believed to have been built by, and the home of Silas Bingham, a Revolutionary War hero, successful businessman, and the first sheriff of Athens County. The house, with its hand-hewn yellow poplar logs, has served as a tavern, inn, and Athens County’s first courthouse, according to the book “Athens” by Richard Straw."

Tire Wheel Plant Window Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2018 Kawasaki NINJA 650 ABS KRT
953 Posts
You got by on a technical fail Mike. That was a hotel not a house. :D :D :D

Your bike with a log cabin or a modern log home.
Good thing I didn't see this earlier. I would've just had to roll my bike out of the garage. :ROFLMAO: But it's raining, so here's an old picture of my NT700V in front of my house. Funny thing, all my current bike pictures at home were either in the garage (which is also log), with the garage as a background, or with the woods as a background, but not the house (Too distracting, photographically speaking, I guess).
Sky Plant Cloud Building Window

·
Zip
2,613 Posts
I was going to say, Max, this should be a super easy one for you. But that really depends on where your courthouse is. The nearest one to me is in downtown Akron, and there are no good places to park nearby to get the picture. This one could be tough.

·
Visionary
5,410 Posts
Nice! No parking? Looks very modern. @mike721 you're up!
Yeah I missed the loading zone to try and get close to something that said Courthouse and stopped there. I was in an active lane at 5pm so my time there was limited to say the least, and I think the guard was coming out to check on what I was doing so I snapped these and ran for it.
Btw, that courthouse is on top of what may be the steepest hill around here, I went up one side and down the other, the grade was impressive to say the least, especially down with a stop sign in the middle of the three block descent.
I’ll follow up with a new challenge in a few minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Maxpressure520

·
Registered
49 Posts
I recognized the location from our Thursday night Jumboland bike nights so I attempted to duplicate Mike's picture (minus Candy of course) and took the 100+ mile round trip ride to that spot. But alas, when I got there the cupboard was bare!

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Plant

Not to be denied on a technicality (although Mike didn't say it had to be full of wood) I took a picture with one of the +/-10 others I passed on the way home.

Fuel tank Plant Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tom

6541 - 6560 of 6622 Posts