Motorcycle Forum banner

5741 - 5760 of 5847 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
I think Oregon and Washington are in a friendly competition of which state can come up with the most rules.
But at least CHAZ or CHOP was OK here. Then There's Portland. :mad:
Your bike parked in front of a sign(s) with five or more rules.
(Bonus emoji if two rules are "no photos" and "no parking"

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
That's easy. Only if I can manage to get my bike in front of my wife's refrigerator list. In my house, a "want" is a rule. Vigorously enforced, and violations result in draconian punishment.
Oops...that was my X.
Sorry dear!

(Bonus emoji if two rules are "no photos" and "no parking".🏍)
You were married to my Mom? How did I not know?

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Must be a city thing. I didn't not know if there's any place around here that would have 5 signs within a close enough proximity to be legible in a photo.

(Bonus emoji if two rules are "no photos" and "no parking".🏍)
I was thinking the same thing. This one's gonna sit, unless the OP gets it himself.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. This one's gonna sit, unless the OP gets it himself.

I'm going to the OHV trails tomorrow and they MIGHT have a sign at the trail head with restrictions. No OHVs over 50", no booze, helmets, etcetera, etcetera. We shall see, as long as no one plows me over with their quad or UTV first :rolleyes:

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
3,657 Posts
I noticed crossing the RR tracks on main that there were two one way signs, one on each side of the tracks', a bicycle path sign, I believe a no parking sign, and then some sign on the RR track light that wouldn't be legible, but said something to the effect of RR property, and probably a threat.

I didn't snap the photo, maybe at lunch.

Your bike parked in front of a sign(s) with five or more rules.(rulz)

·
Registered
49 Posts

Around here, I can do this challenge at schools and parks. Trailheads usually have a plethora of rules. You might find a restaurant with a litany or covid rules posted on the front door. This challenge isn't as hard as you think.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Around here, I can do this challenge at schools and parks. Trailheads usually have a plethora of rules. You might find a restaurant with a litany or covid rules posted on the front door. This challenge isn't as hard as you think.
Too bad WA state doesn't have their fishing rules on a sign. Although the sign would have to be the size of a football field.

·
Secret Agent
3,657 Posts
Too bad WA state doesn't have their fishing rules on a sign. Although the sign would have to be the size of a football field.
You just gave me a great idea! Our local lake has about a dozen rules on a board by the ramp(or it used too), staying what you cannot do....

One of those things is water ski, which came on in my 30's. I learned to water ski on that lake when I was 8 or 9, now you can't have a boat motor larger than 5hp, and to put anything on the lake requires 500k liability insurance.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Quick example in a nearby park. Three rules on the pole, and a few rules on my windshield. I went to go get gas and saw plenty of rules there at the pump. This is an easy challenge!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Actually, it was fishing rules that got me thinking about this challenge in the first place! You have to be an expert in fish species identification in Oregon in order to legally fish. If you pull the wrong kind of salmon out of the river at the wrong time, there will certainly be a ranger there to fine you. There are numerous waystations on the rivers around here with lots of rules. (Originally I was going to say seven rules for the challenge.)

·
Visionary
4,782 Posts
My 2011 Kingpin in front of a Forks Township Park sign which lists 9 things your not allowed to do in the park.
Below that is a sign which lists 4 things that visitors with dogs must do when in the park.
Below that is a sign warning people about Winter hazards.
Behind my bike, (across the lane) are 4 traffic signs, Do NOT enter, Emergency Vehicles ONLY, No Parking at any time, Wrong Way.
Signs, signs, everywhere there's signs...
IMG_2816.JPG

IMG_2817.JPG

·
Registered
49 Posts
My 2011 Kingpin in front of a Forks Township Park sign which lists 9 things your not allowed to do in the park.
Below that is a sign which lists 4 things that visitors with dogs must do when in the park.
Below that is a sign warning people about Winter hazards.
Behind my bike, (across the lane) are 4 traffic signs, Do NOT enter, Emergency Vehicles ONLY, No Parking at any time, Wrong Way.

View attachment 67213
YOU WIN 🏍 (y) :p:alien::coffee:🏍
That is exactly the sort of litany of rules I was thinking of! Congratulations, you're up!

·
Visionary
4,782 Posts
New Challenge:
Your bike at a cemetery.
Bonus points if it's impressive one with a massive gate, a stone wall, wrought iron, or some other notable feature in the picture.

Reactions: CRracer712

·
Registered
844 Posts
Actually, it was fishing rules that got me thinking about this challenge in the first place! You have to be an expert in fish species identification in Oregon in order to legally fish. If you pull the wrong kind of salmon out of the river at the wrong time, there will certainly be a ranger there to fine you. There are numerous waystations on the rivers around here with lots of rules. (Originally I was going to say seven rules for the challenge.)
In Wa state. If you fish, you might as well realize you are committing some type of infraction, even if your lawyer attempts to interpret the 1/2' thick book of regs for you. It's all government make-work. The natives can net the rivers for everything coming up to spawn, scrape the sea bed for bottom fish which kill tons of fish they can't keep or don't want, throw hundreds of entire chum salmon on the beach to rot, and sell their roe to Asia. White man gets jailed for wasting fish. They get the go-ahead to kill whales because it's in their religious ceremonial rights and white man gets fined for coming too close to them....Funny though. I never knew that they used to use a .50 caliber way back when, but a harpoon. True story. Neah Bay. :mad:

·
Secret Agent
3,657 Posts
Sorry oldwinger, Mike stole your/my thunder!😤😁

Your bike at a cemetery.
Bonus points if it's impressive one with a massive gate, a stone wall, wrought iron, or some other notable feature in the picture.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Sorry oldwinger, Mike stole your/my thunder!😤😁

Your bike at a cemetery.
It's all good. I'm often late on the draw. My bike at a cemetery? Hmm. Glad I'm not superstitious.:eek:

Your bike at a cemetery.

5741 - 5760 of 5847 Posts