Motorcycle Forum banner

5341 - 5360 of 5420 Posts

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
2,904 Posts
I hope you realize we've moved beyond the mythical character to....

Your bike with a substantial pothole, one you definitely would want to avoid hitting on your bike.

🤭

·
Registered
2015 custom/ modded Yamaha R3
359 Posts
Ok. Massive gaping potholes. No problem, we have alot. Hit one today.

Your bike with a substantial pothole, one you definitely would want to avoid hitting on your bike.

·
American Legion Rider
23,521 Posts
Boy, we had some nasty ones on a couple of county roads near me. Kudos to the state for get them repaired in a timely manner. (y) I learned that even though they're designated as county roads, they're considered to be "major collectors " for the interstate, so the state maintains them. They do a nice job, too!
There's a road district tax renewal in the ballot tomorrow. I generally vote no on extra taxes, but I'll vote to pay extra to have good roads.(y)
Yeah, we had one on I-287 that was taking out cars. There were somewhere around 50 tires flattened and rims bent or cracked before they got it flagged and closed to a single lane. Luckily it was when it was very very cold and no motorcyclist were out riding or there might have been a dead one or at least hospitalized. I have no idea how it got that way so fast. I suspect a boring machine left a cavity that collapsed because this hole happened fast. I had been in the lane just the day before and it was fine. Something, maybe not a boring machine but something under the road collapsed. The patch they put in is huge. At least 2 car lengths. And why not the other lane? Or maybe it will be next? Oh well, can't get a picture of it anyway. Too busy.

Your bike with a substantial pothole

·
Registered
359 Posts
He's out digging up the road in front of his house now ;)

Dont give me ideas broo.🤔

·
Visionary
4,614 Posts
Yeah, we had one on I-287 that was taking out cars. There were somewhere around 50 tires flattened and rims bent or cracked before they got it flagged and closed to a single lane. Luckily it was when it was very very cold and no motorcyclist were out riding or there might have been a dead one or at least hospitalized. I have no idea how it got that way so fast. I suspect a boring machine left a cavity that collapsed because this hole happened fast. I had been in the lane just the day before and it was fine. Something, maybe not a boring machine but something under the road collapsed. The patch they put in is huge. At least 2 car lengths. And why not the other lane? Or maybe it will be next? Oh well, can't get a picture of it anyway. Too busy.

Your bike with a substantial pothole
It's amazing how fast some of them open up. I saw a bad one on the ramp from the interstate going into the airport today. I noticed a new pothole yesterday, it was about 8" round, the loose gravel just happened to catch my eye. . 24 hours later, the whole section between the lanes collapsed. it's about 2 feet wide, 6 inches deep, and 15 feet long! Heavy truck traffic will do that, there is gravel all over of ouorse, and chunks of asphalt, it's a real mess.
Fortunately it's in between the lanes, but woe to anyone who tries a quick lane change there!
No way I can get a picture of this one, it's a deadly spot.

·
Registered
359 Posts
How can one safely take a pothole and bike pic? This challenge sounds downright dangerous. Im in!

·
Secret Agent
2,904 Posts
It doesn't say paved road. Unfortunately for me, they just graded my gravel road. However, it's rainy today so there's gonna my potholes in a day or two🙂

·
Registered
359 Posts
Doesnt have to be a paved road eh?

·
Visionary
4,614 Posts
Denied !!! for violation of rule 3.14159 section 867.5309, thou shalt not dig thy own pothole.

The challenge remains

·
Secret Agent
2,904 Posts
Denied !!! for violation of rule 3.14159 section 867.5309, thou shalt not dig thy own pothole.

The challenge remains

Feels good to deny a challenge doesn't it?🤭

·
Ace Tuner
2,904 Posts

The challenge remains
At a boy mike. (y) They can be sneaky. You keep 'em straight.

Rulz is Rulz... (rule 3.14159 section 867.5309)

S F

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,281 Posts
If he had only moved the shovel. 2 points for creativity.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Ah just barely beat me to it Roger! I'll post mine for kicks 😅 had to turn around early because I noticed the rear was getting squirrely. Stopped and it was down to about 6 PSI, checked it before I left and it was running about 20-22 🤷‍♂️ just got new tires delivered a few days ago so now it's time to get some quality spooning. I brought spoons and a spare tube in case but was only about 15 miles from the house and had my new mini tire pump and stopped twice to air it up. Stopped by bike shop and picked up a new spare tube too.
PXL_20210407_182952596.jpg

5341 - 5360 of 5420 Posts