Motorcycle Forum banner
5,181 - 5,200 of 8,297 Posts
Okay, I was waiting for the Buffer and the belt before issuing a new challenge ;)

Your bike in front of a barber shop that has the old fashioned barber pole.
How dare you (no pun intended)! Those are red, white and blue are they not? Best be quick finding one still up before someone with counter culture fever finds it. :cautious:

Eh, this latest challenge might have to be challenged. Rod issued this very same challenge a couple of months ago. Are we okay with a repeat so soon?

BTW, the way I would check for this is to open a new google search page and type in
site:motorcycleforum.com "picture challenge" barber

That will give you a list of pages and you can pretty easily find the most recent time that challenge was in play (if ever).

Rules compliance: Your bike in front of a barber shop that has the old fashioned barber pole.

Technically, I think the challenge is fine. It asks for the actual pole, in mine, I said a painting would suffice and I believe that's what actually won it.

Either way, there's a barbershop pole a block away from my shop, so I'll allow it so I can win it😁

That's my vote anyways 🙂

Rulz

5 - Keep comments to a minimum, if you comment, post the current challenge after your comment. In Bold Italics

obviously we are very loose with the minimum comment part but....

Rulz

5 - Keep comments to a minimum, if you comment, post the current challenge after your comment. In Bold Italics

obviously we are very loose with the minimum comment part but....

6 - No repeat challenges.

Your challenge, "your bike with some sort of barber shop pole in it(the twisted white/red pole or sign"

I remember as I won that one, with an actual barber pole..... Just saying.
I'll sideline this one if you guys want to carry on but It's like speeding to catch up and lambast someone breaking traffic laws...
FYI not posting the "current challenge" at the end because I don't recognize it as a legitimate challenge, after all I didn't vote for it.
Let us not digress into some sort of heathenry. After all rules is rules ;)

FYI not posting the "current challenge" at the end because I don't recognize it as a legitimate challenge, after all I didn't vote for it.
This thread has been going on since August of 2011, who's in charge of making sure there are no repeat challenges? I know it's not me, cuz I ain't been here that long.

Innocent until proven guilty, chicken before the egg??🤭

Either way, WTG scott😁

I think we can be a bit flexible about the definition of "repeat". After all, this game has been running for 10 years. If you want to be really picky about rule 6 then this game is going to slow way down. Just my opinion here, but I think if it was last used over 3 years ago it's okay to use again. But 2 months ago? Come on, man.

(Grudging) rules compliance: Your bike in front of a barber shop that has the old fashioned barber pole.

Well, it's at least 2 against, and 1 ok with it(me🙂). Iirc, it's going to be 3 against because there are no barbershops on the island 🤭

I just saw/thought of an awesome challenge, so I need to win something soon, or I'll forget just how awesome it'd be😁

Innocent until proven guilty, chicken before the egg??🤭
I'll spare you the lecture on phyletic gradualism:ROFLMAO:

I don't really care, I know not everyone was out riding back in January/February. I know there's probably been dozens of repeats, but yea... two months ago :sleep::sleep:

Edit (because I'm a pushover): Your bike in front of a barber shop that has the old fashioned barber pole.

I'll spare you the lecture on phyletic gradualism:ROFLMAO:

I don't really care, I know not everyone was out riding back in January/February. I know there's probably been dozens of repeats, but yea... two months ago :sleep::sleep:

Edit (because I'm a pushover): Your bike in front of a barber shop that has the old fashioned barber pole.
"phyletic gradualism"

Sometimes I get that unless I pop a blue pill. :)
Your bike in front of an old house that's for sale, pre-WWII era.

Mine's a 1930's Sears Cape Cod style, have the brochure buried somewhere. Used to bring these kit houses in on the railroads. Unfortunately, termites decided to take a toll on the front of the house last year. Had to cut out the rim board on the front and the cedar shakes so up went the vinyl. Tough to tell what's old or not sometimes (especially once the vinyl goes up), unless its got some old intricate scrollwork, gingerbread, or period architecture.

No worries on the repeat, I just live in this one tiny thread :p

Mine's a 1930's Sears Cape Cod style, have the brochure buried somewhere. Used to bring these kit houses in on the railroads. Unfortunately, termites decided to take a toll on the front of the house last year. Had to cut out the rim board on the front and the cedar shakes so up went the vinyl. Tough to tell what's old or not sometimes (especially once the vinyl goes up), unless its got some old intricate scrollwork, gingerbread, or period architecture.

No worries on the repeat, I just live in this one tiny thread :p

My house isn't for sale, but it was built in 1900 (pre-WW1 baby!), and I bought it from the soul surviving relative, a niece, from her estate sale. She sold everything. It sits on 10 acres, and the family worked the land and had 6 dairy cattle. The names of some of their cattle are still posted in the barn on a piece of old, browned paper. Here's an old photo of the original owner and his son holding up a day's salmon catch in the front yard. Wifey and I have been busting tail fixing the place for two years. Finally got her back to her old glory!

Then:

Now:

Very cool, Oldwinger!! Looks like it's a VERY small house!
Looks like if you want to turn around, you'd have to go out on the front porch, turn around and come back in. LOL!!!!

Reactions: Doktor
5,181 - 5,200 of 8,297 Posts