Motorcycle Forum banner

4861 - 4880 of 4892 Posts

·
Visionary
4,265 Posts
Well Mike, when I drove a tanker in the mid 90s, we filled up
either at the Bayway refinery, or at one of the tank farms in
Port Newark.....right next to where you work!

Be warned! A gasoline tanker is different from a heating oil or
diesel fuel tanker. I know the difference.
I'll be watching! LOL!!
Yeah, I was thinking down that way would be a good place to see soem tankers. I'm debating if I feel like risking life and limb on a run down 1 and 9 at rush hour tonight :eek:

·
Visionary
4,265 Posts
Oops,
Rule compliance...
Your bike next to a gas tanker truck.

·
Premium Member
8,310 Posts
For a lot of the challenges, I am toast. We do not have the object on my Island, but big city folk do. This time the challenge is easy for me on my Island. Wednesday is dangerous goods only on the ferry. One coming in the morning, and one leaving later in the day. I can go up Island on any Wednesday around 1100 and find a gas tanker truck. Easy.
The big cities probably do not have designated fill up days. Oh darn. UK

·
Premium Member
8,310 Posts
By golly, that looks just like a tanker truck, next to a gas station even, plus a bike in the pic. Well done. Yuse up. UK

·
Shadow Moderator
905 Posts
Yep, next to a gas station and the truck driver was busy on the other side of the truck unloading some of his cargo into the station's tanks.

Next challenge: your bike next to a newspaper box. One of those boxes where you drop some coins into the slot then open the door and take your newspaper. I'll also give credit for a box where you can pick up one of those free "apartments for rent", "cars for sale", etc. tabloids.

·
On The Road Again!
3,625 Posts
Yep! That's a gas tanker alright!
(I don't miss that job!)

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
2,009 Posts
LMAO, if that pumper truck was an emoji, porky would use it instead of the little pile🤭

·
Ace Tuner
2,681 Posts
Dang! Was just now going out in our beautiful Texas sunshine (aprox 45 degrees outside) for the pic.
BTW, 45 is cold for us down here but the sun really warms your black leather.
Maybe next time...

S F

Reactions: CRracer712

·
Registered
2018 Kawasaki NINJA 650 ABS KRT
303 Posts
Dang! Was just now going out in our beautiful Texas sunshine (aprox 45 degrees outside) for the pic.
BTW, 45 is cold for us down here but the sun really warms your black leather.
Maybe next time...

S F
Hope I caught you in time to try for the new challenge on your ride! 🤞

·
Premium Member
8,310 Posts
Are we talking Sargent Preston of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. With his trusty dog team. Maybe the modern version. I think it is a Ford mobile. Engine was running. Bonus pic is of the police building. This is where we have the 11 November ceremony.
I will be on the road and ferry tomorrow. If this is accepted. Your bike next to a tow truck. Bonus points if it has a cage hooked up. UK

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Kawasaki NINJA 650 ABS KRT
303 Posts
Are we talking Sargent Preston of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. With his trusty dog team. Maybe the modern version. I think it is a Ford mobile. Engine was running. Bonus pic is of the police building. This is where we have the 11 November ceremony.
I will be on the road and ferry tomorrow. If this is accepted. Your bike next to a tow truck. Bonus points if it has a cage hooked up. UK
Yeah! I was hoping I could come up with something that UK could find on his island! (y) (y) (y)

Great job! The tow truck is the next challenge!

4861 - 4880 of 4892 Posts