Motorcycle Forum banner

4841 - 4860 of 4894 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
22,828 Posts
Yeah, I believe it's still, your bike with a cell phone tower. Mike was just giving us some examples of camouflaged cell towers while waiting for someone to meet the challenge.

·
Ace Tuner
2,683 Posts
Yeah, I believe it's still, your bike with a cell phone tower. Mike was just giving us some examples of camouflaged cell towers while waiting for someone to meet the challenge.
Per the rules... In italic ^. Rules is rules, right CR? (Fixed it for you Offcenter). Lol ;)

S F

·
Visionary
4,266 Posts
Its still
Rule compliance...
Your bike with a cell phone tower.

Reactions: CRracer712

·
American Legion Rider
22,828 Posts
Rule compliance...
You would think with cell towers every 10 miles that this would be an easy one to get.

Rule compliance...

·
Shadow Moderator
905 Posts
You would think with cell towers every 10 miles that this would be an easy one to get.
Apparently nobody is riding (except Mike). Tomorrow is looking like it might be a good day for a ride in northeast Ohio ;)

If our Florida, Arizona, and SoCal members would jump onto this picture challenge game they could clean up.

Rule compliance...

·
Premium Member
8,310 Posts
Yami fires Monday morning.
On the mainland freeway to the big ferry. 2 hours across Georgia Straight. Big island freeway again to small ferry. 20 minutes across puddle between big island and my Island. Normal road on my Island, down to the bottom where my place resides. Cell tower and mail box at bottom of Island. UK

·
Premium Member
8,310 Posts
Up early. Raining, all the way to the ferry. Ferry late. To big island. Rain stopped, mostly grey clouds, a few small blue.
20 plus minutes to small ferry. Probly will not make it. Got there just in time, 14 minutes. On the way, stopped at a red light turns green, I go. To my left comes a bicycle, must have gone thru the red. He looked at me with big eyes. Tried to tag him, missed by about six feet. More gas would probably have spun the back wheel. On my Island, stopped at the cell tower down the street, checked my mail around the corner, then 1/4 mile up to my place. Checked the water running, made notes for more ditches. Work starts tomorrow.

Yami loaded next to green cell tower. Bonus pic, shows backup generator nearby. UK

Attachments

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
2,009 Posts
That's a lotta ferry for a picture

·
Visionary
4,266 Posts
Up early. Raining, all the way to the ferry. Ferry late. To big island. Rain stopped, mostly grey clouds, a few small blue.
20 plus minutes to small ferry. Probly will not make it. Got there just in time, 14 minutes. On the way, stopped at a red light turns green, I go. To my left comes a bicycle, must have gone thru the red. He looked at me with big eyes. Tried to tag him, missed by about six feet. More gas would probably have spun the back wheel. On my Island, stopped at the cell tower down the street, checked my mail around the corner, then 1/4 mile up to my place. Checked the water running, made notes for more ditches. Work starts tomorrow.

Yami loaded next to green cell tower. Bonus pic, shows backup generator nearby. UK
Well you could have shown us the antennas on top..but I'm taking your word that's a cell phone tower, it sure looks like one.
You ARE up!

·
American Legion Rider
22,828 Posts

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
2,009 Posts
I didn't want to call that out. I mean I did WANT too, but I didn't 🙂

·
Premium Member
8,310 Posts
Y'all bring your cell phones to my Island. Start at the green tower and walk up my road. Watch the signal indicator on your phone. It will fade as you walk away. Make a couple of calls. Check the details on your next bill.
Or call Bell Canada and ask them where is the closest cell tower to Unkle Krusty's place on South Road. For giggles ask them which way the signal is aimed. It can be changed.

The towers on top of buildings look different. If you check your ham radio book, you will discover that antennas come in many shapes and sizes. You need to know this stuff to pass the exam. Post 4851. Shirley and I travel back and forth depending on the activity. This next 9 days I will be working on my new house and drainage ditches.

Your bike next to a gas tanker truck.

·
Visionary
4,266 Posts
I'm assuming you mean gasoline tanker?
I'm only asking because I passed up a propane gas truck, and live 5 miles from a big liquefaction plant that produces liquid helium, oxygen, and nitrogen, all of which are gases and they load them in tankers there.

I checked 7 gasoline stations that I pass on the way home, not one was getting a gasoline delivery. Timing is everything.
Hmm, I wonder where the gasoline tanker trucks fill up.....

Rule compliance...
Your bike next to a gas tanker truck.

·
Premium Member
8,310 Posts
Gas as in petrol. The stuff you put in the bike tank.
After one week, a propane tanker truck will do. In NZ, a beer tanker truck will do, but they may not use them any more. UK

·
On The Road Again!
3,625 Posts
I checked 7 gasoline stations that I pass on the way home, not one was getting a gasoline delivery. Timing is everything.
Hmm, I wonder where the gasoline tanker trucks fill up.....
Well Mike, when I drove a tanker in the mid 90s, we filled up
either at the Bayway refinery, or at one of the tank farms in
Port Newark.....right next to where you work!

Be warned! A gasoline tanker is different from a heating oil or
diesel fuel tanker. I know the difference.
I'll be watching! LOL!!

4841 - 4860 of 4894 Posts