Motorcycle Forum banner

4821 - 4840 of 4893 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,310 Posts
We don't have no stinking cell phone towers close by on the mainland. They are on top of the tall buildings.
There is one down the road from my place on the Island, but I will not be there until after I recover from New Year's eve.
Pic from last year. The English girls, borrowed my flag. Not sure what will happen this year. I will miss them. UK

Attachments

·
American Legion Rider
22,827 Posts
Bonus points if it’s disguised as a tree, very popular around here, we were laughing at a cellular tree today.
I'd like to see one of those. They are general just ugly towers here. Maybe the bigger cities do it but I avoid those crazy places like the plague. So I've never seen a tree cell tower. Hope someone finds one to post.

Oh crap, what's the silly rules for just making a comment? Oh well, you are a moderator Mike so you can just delete this since it most likely doesn't fit the rules.

·
Visionary
4,266 Posts
I'd like to see one of those. They are general just ugly towers here. Maybe the bigger cities do it but I avoid those crazy places like the plague. So I've never seen a tree cell tower. Hope someone finds one to post.

Oh crap, what's the silly rules for just making a comment? Oh well, you are a moderator Mike so you can just delete this since it most likely doesn't fit the rules.
I'll snap a picture of a cellular tree when I get a chance, there are a couple along the highway I take to work.

Reactions: hogcowboy

·
Visionary
4,266 Posts
Rule compliance...
Your bike with a cell phone tower.

Reactions: CRracer712

·
Visionary
4,266 Posts
I'll snap a picture of a cellular tree when I get a chance, there are a couple along the highway I take to work.
Cell trees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
American Legion Rider
22,827 Posts
Oh wow. I wonder who thought that didn't stand out any more than a naked cell tower. Thanks Mike. Just never saw such a thing and I guess I can see why now.

·
Visionary
4,266 Posts
Oh wow. I wonder who thought that didn't stand out any more than a naked cell tower. Thanks Mike. Just never saw such a thing and I guess I can see why now.
Yeah, they actually look worse than the normal tower in my opinion. I can't think of any in Pennsylvania, I guess it might be a NJ thing, but I can't say I really looked either. I guess I'll start now.
What I have seen in PA is a tower disguised as a really fat flagpole, complete with a big American flag (car dealership sized). The antennas are internal inside what must be a fiberglass top section of the pole. It's a better way to hide them in my opinion.

Reactions: Doc Samson

·
Visionary
4,266 Posts
Rule compliance...

·
Shadow Moderator
905 Posts
I saw one of those cell tower trees near Toledo, OH last fall. Those things have got to cost more than a normal cell tower. And I agree with the prevailing opinion here that they look worse than normal cell towers.

Rule compliance...

·
Visionary
4,266 Posts
Wait...more Photoshopping?
No Ma’am. Those are 100% legitimate pictures of cell trees. We have quite a few here. But the challenge is still open, that was just an example.

·
Visionary
4,266 Posts
Rule compliance...

·
On The Road Again!
3,625 Posts
No Ma’am. Those are 100% legitimate pictures of cell trees. We have quite a few here. But the challenge is still open, that was just an example.

Yep. I've seen quite a few of 'em around New Jersey.
Not all of 'em are like that, but there is definitely more
than one!

·
Visionary
4,266 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Crazy, I just went and looked at the site. Pretty amazing but also scary of what they don’t tell u. Eyes and ears may be everywhere. I don’t do anything wrong just don’t like the feeling of being monitored. Lol. Thank u for sharing

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,660 Posts
Palm tree was cool

4821 - 4840 of 4893 Posts