Motorcycle Forum banner

4641 - 4660 of 4705 Posts

·
Visionary
4,082 Posts
That didn't work out, yesterday at work I was parked next to 3 very poor bikes for a new rider, a GXR750, an M109R, and a Roadglide.
Today it was only the same M109R this morning, lets see what's there when I head home later.

·
Premium Member
1,993 Posts
Don't make me ride my XT up there.
The Ninja qualifies. hhhhmmmmm.........

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,455 Posts
Don't make me ride my XT up there.
The Ninja qualifies. hhhhmmmmm.........
In her list of qualifying equipment it said that they can't come out of your stable.

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
1,870 Posts
While out yesterday, I tried to save this challenge from failure. There are several problems with this challenge for me, and my area.

1: small bikes are few and far between, but I do know one rather large guy that must live somewhere in my neck of the woods, that rides an older small rebel, I see him in once in a blue moon.

B: it's cooling off, seeing bikes of any kind right now is difficult.

And

3: about halfway through my ride yesterday, I realized I didn't have my phone, so wouldn't have done any good had I found a qualifying bike🙂

·
Registered
2018 Kawasaki NINJA 650 ABS KRT
232 Posts
When does the challenge officially expire? I have an idea of how to modify it.

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
1,870 Posts
It appears to be in its final day. Tomorrow you could alter or change it.

·
Ace Tuner
2,628 Posts
When does the challenge officially expire? I have an idea of how to modify it.
Rule number 3 below answers your question.
This is from from the First Post of this thread, and was made by the member that started the game.....
The rules here are simple. Be sure to note them before creating the next challenge for the rest of us.

3 - Challenge is good for 2 weeks, if it is not met, the previous picture poster picks a new challenge.
S F

·
Registered
232 Posts
OK, well, maybe I'll get a chance to resurrect this challenge in the spring when there are more bikes out.

Our new challenge: Your bike with a turkey. It can be nature-made or man-made. It does, however, need to resemble a fowl--no politicians allowed🦃. Should be more of them out in the wild this time of year than little bikes, we hope. 🤞 Good luck!

·
Visionary
4,082 Posts
My 2016 Victory Vision with Tom the inflatable Turkey that lives in my front yard. I didn’t have to go far to find him but to be fair I did just ride 125 miles to and from work instead of just going around the corner from my garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,455 Posts
My 2016 Victory Vision with Tom the inflatable Turkey that lives in my front yard. I didn’t have to go far to find him but to be fair I did just ride 125 miles to and from work instead of just going around the corner from my garage.

For some reason I thought you had a stand alone garage. That is a garage door on the right?

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
There are a lot of features. Large facia on the top floor, tends to hide the spouting. Old style full height chimney. Stylish arch for the door. House is facing mostly South and a bit East. Grudge must be a side mount. A soft primrose yellow was popular a while back. We have wild turkeys on my Island. But I was not out riding, and they do not always show up. UK

·
Visionary
4,082 Posts
For some reason I thought you had a stand alone garage. That is a garage door on the right?
No, that’s just a vinyl sided wall. There is a second driveway and parking space on this side but no garage.
The garage is a separate steel building around the corner from where I was standing when I took the picture. You can just see my orange car parked in front of it in the corner of this daytime picture.

·
Visionary
4,082 Posts
New challenge:
In honor of my nasty surprise this morning at work, your bike with a road paving crew in action.

I’m looking for the road milling machine, the paving machine, the dump trucks, the big heavy roller, the cones, the flag men, we all know what a paving operation looks like. Go find one.

·
Registered
232 Posts
New challenge:
In honor of my nasty surprise this morning at work, your bike with a road paving crew in action.

I’m looking for the road milling machine, the paving machine, the dump trucks, the big heavy roller, the cones, the flag men, we all know what a paving operation looks like. Go find one.

Oh, shoot, they were doing this a couple months ago just a few blocks from my MC class location. It caught me by surprise, too. Happened once in Iowa that I can recall for sure; seems like there may have been another occurrence between these two. Yeah, they suck.🤬

·
Registered
811 Posts
Just repaving, or will any road construction project do? There are a couple of ongoing projects near me where they are putting in traffic circles, widening the road and improving intersections. But no milling machine in sight.

·
Visionary
4,082 Posts
Just repaving, or will any road construction project do? There are a couple of ongoing projects near me where they are putting in traffic circles, widening the road and improving intersections. But no milling machine in sight.
A road construction or paving project would fit the criteria, I was just listing all the stuff that I saw yesterday morning. What your describing sounds perfect.
I should add that one of my job areas of responsibility is managing pavement at the airport so I'm pretty familiar with the equipment in use.

·
Registered
232 Posts
They're redoing a bridge over a lake down in the twisties. I just rode over it yesterday, darn! There's steel plates in the middle of it ( also fun) and a temporary stop light at each end in lieu of a flagman. I rolled up behind with a guy on a scooter abd chatted with him while we waited for the green, then he motioned me to go ahead if him. Nice guy, huh?

4641 - 4660 of 4705 Posts