American Legion Rider
22,480 Posts
Get after them Lori. ha ha ha

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,455 Posts
What, two hours and no comments???;)
What, two hours and no comments???;)

As I was reading everyone whining about you not posting a challenge I was thinking to myself that you should make the challenge ........your bike with a training class............ Good compromise Lori

·
Visionary
4,083 Posts
Ok. Ok, I've been working all weekend!! Those of you who have taken a basic rider course have a vague idea of how much work that is for the RiderCoaches who teach it. I had just enough time to snap the picture before I left for work Friday afternoon, got a short nap Friday night, put in 10-11 hour days Saturday and Sunday. Oh, and I have a 40 minute commute each way, plus I have to eat and sleep.
So, in honor of my fellow hardworking RiderCoaches out there, the challenge is: Your bike next to a bike that meets training bike criteria. It must meet two of these three standards: 500cc or less, 400 lbs or less, seat height 30" or less. The bike must not be a member of your immediate family. Bonus points if you can find an actual training bike!

Safe riding and searching!
This one is going to be interesting...
"Your bike next to a bike that meets training bike criteria. It must meet two of these three standards: 500cc or less, 400 lbs or less, seat height 30" or less. The bike must not be a member of your immediate family. Bonus points if you can find an actual training bike! "

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
1,870 Posts
I've got a qualifying bike, crf230l. It appears to qualify as it's mine, not an immediate family members 😁

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
K. I had it made with my XS400, but then you said it can not be a bike in inventory. And I might have let some air out of the tars to get the seat height down. But maybe on Wednesday I can find a small bike. UK

·
Visionary
4,083 Posts
I've got a qualifying bike, crf230l. It appears to qualify as it's mine, not an immediate family members
You're your own family :).
Otherwise this would have already been the winner.
:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Ace Tuner
2,628 Posts
You didn't italicize your bolded challenge... Apparently, according to some here, that's important.
As I was reading everyone whining about you not posting a challenge I was thinking to myself that you should make the challenge ........your bike with a training class............ Good compromise Lori
Okay, no more whining about things like Rule Number 5..., 0R Rule Number 8. :geek:

S F

Reactions: CRracer712

·
Registered
2018 Kawasaki NINJA 650 ABS KRT
232 Posts

Exactly. I didn't want you guys just running out to the garage with your phone. It's supposed to be a challenge, remember?? ;)

·
Registered
232 Posts

That is a GORGEOUS bike!!! Definitely NOT a training bike!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: What year and how many miles on it?

·
Registered
232 Posts
K. I had it made with my XS400, but then you said it can not be a bike in inventory. And I might have let some air out of the tars to get the seat height down. But maybe on Wednesday I can find a small bike. UK
UK, remember it's two out of the three criteria. We use plenty of dual sports that meet weight and cc's, but they're on the tall side. They're great for taller students. (y)

·
Visionary
4,083 Posts
That is a GORGEOUS bike!!! Definitely NOT a training bike!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: What year and how many miles on it?
Thanks! One just like it except it was red was my training bike, that’s what I learned to ride on back in 1986. I found this one last year and I’m reliving my childhood:)
Honda 1978 CB400TII Hawk 2. It’s got 14,500 miles on it, it had 12,000 when I bought it. It’s unrestored, a survivor that’s been registered and runnable all these years. I bought it from the third owner but he bought it from his Dad who had it for 20 years so it really only had 2 owners before me. The guy I bought it from was the third son, they all learned to ride on it. So it is a training bike. :)
I love it, it’s a blast to go ripping around back roads on a nice summer day.

Reactions: BAZININJA

·
American Legion Rider
22,480 Posts
Exactly. I didn't want you guys just running out to the garage with your phone. It's supposed to be a challenge, remember?? ;)
What do you mean, that is a challenge for me some days. :D

Reactions: CRracer712

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thanks! One just like it except it was red was my training bike, that’s what I learned to ride on back in 1986. I found this one last year and I’m reliving my childhood:)
Honda 1978 CB400TII Hawk 2. It’s got 14,500 miles on it, it had 12,000 when I bought it. It’s unrestored, a survivor that’s been registered and runnable all these years. I bought it from the third owner but he bought it from his Dad who had it for 20 years so it really only had 2 owners before me. The guy I bought it from was the third son, they all learned to ride on it. So it is a training bike. :)
I love it, it’s a blast to go ripping around back roads on a nice summer day.

We had a '78 KZ400 that my husband restored. We never should have sold it. 🤬 I miss my NINJA 250, too. My brother in law has a Honda 90 (not a Trail 90, but the street version) that he had been working on, but I think it's going to be mine as soon as one of us can get it from Virginia to here. 🤞 🤞 🤞

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hey, folks, I'm about to graduate my last class of the year, and still no winner??? Well, here's what I'm looking for:

Hope this helps! ;)

·
Visionary
4,083 Posts
I keep looking but haven't found any small bikes. I was on vacation, I'm back to work today, hoping to see some small commuter bike that fit the bill in the lot when I go home later, there were none this morning when I came in.

4621 - 4640 of 4705 Posts