Motorcycle Forum banner

4441 - 4460 of 4479 Posts

·
Registered
97 CBR900RR, 98 GL1500C, 98 VFR800, 05 VTX1800
302 Posts
Well it guess it's i'm turn since UK seems to be conceding.

Your bike with a 1996-2003 Honda Valkyrie. I haven't seen too many around since getting mine and I was the only one at the "back the blue" rally held last weekend, over 150 bikes and no other valks.

·
On The Road Again!
3,419 Posts
Well it guess it's i'm turn since UK seems to be conceding.

Your bike with a 1996-2003 Honda Valkyrie. I haven't seen too many around since getting mine and I was the only one at the "back the blue" rally held last weekend, over 150 bikes and no other valks.
Yeah, they are kinda rare. Strange. I always thought they were one
of the best looking bikes ever.

·
Visionary
3,840 Posts
Valkyries are unusual (and awesome, great bikes, and yours has a very cool paint job!) but the real rare one is the Valkyrie Rune. I saw one and it was lust at first sight!
The Rune is an awesome machine, low, mean and streamlined, a machine that should be pictured roaring out of a grave on the cover of an old Meatloaf album. I wanted one badly enough that I looked into it seriously until I found out that they are super rare and priced accordingly.

·
Registered
97 CBR900RR, 98 GL1500C, 98 VFR800, 05 VTX1800
302 Posts
I'm not a fan of the rune. the front looks great but that exhaust is horrible. the lines on the back of the bike are cut to the exhaust so i think it'd be difficult to make a good looking after market set. Since they're so rare, i don't know if there are any even available.
the 2014 valks, to me, killed the look. they put the radiators on the sides of the tank and put ugly plastic fairings over them. the whole engine is blacked out and there just seems to be plastic everywhere. the greatest part of the original valkyrie is the chrome everywhere, at least in my opinion.

·
Visionary
3,840 Posts
I'm not a fan of the rune. the front looks great but that exhaust is horrible. the lines on the back of the bike are cut to the exhaust so i think it'd be difficult to make a good looking after market set. Since they're so rare, i don't know if there are any even available.
the 2014 valks, to me, killed the look. they put the radiators on the sides of the tank and put ugly plastic fairings over them. the whole engine is blacked out and there just seems to be plastic everywhere. the greatest part of the original valkyrie is the chrome everywhere, at least in my opinion.
I actually like the integrated exhaust on the Rune but your right, it's not really something that could be changed, it's part of the lines of the bike.
I do not like the 2014 Valkyrie either, it's a classic bike that needs lots of chrome and no plastic, and that one is lacking in both areas. I never was a fan of the blackout look that took over a lot of designs around then.

·
Ace Tuner
2,522 Posts
Yeah, they are kinda rare. Strange. I always thought they were one
of the best looking bikes ever.
I agree. The six carburetors is what does it for me... Cool Looking. :) .
They sound really good with six straight pipes too.
I gotta get me one of dem someday.

S F

·
American Legion Rider
21,868 Posts
A Valk is still one bike I would not mind having. But not a Rune. That name is just what they did to the Valk as far as I'm concerned, ruined it. Obviously others would disagree and I might even be in the minority. But it sure did nothing for me. I'd take an earlier Valk though.(y)

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,156 Posts
Wintersol has one I believe, and Ms. Mercedes sold one a while back.

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
1,402 Posts
I've only known two people around here with that era of Valkyrie. One no longer owns his (baby blue/white), the other was killed on his when he left heartland speedway, drunk, going the wrong way on the wrong side of the 4 lane highway. His name was Gerald Aday, I bought his farm from him a few years prior, his main gig was a liquor store.

·
Premium Member
7,897 Posts
The back wheel to the left of the pic, is a 900 Triumph twin. Your bike next to one of them. Can be a Thruxton or a different capacity, but has to be a new generation Triumph twin. The newer ones look like they have carbs, but are fuel injected. UK

·
American Legion Rider
21,868 Posts
How about Yami with two new bias tyres, next to a CA model Valkyrie
Now that's a Valk I could take off his hands if he wants it gone. Not my color but that can be remedied.(y)

4441 - 4460 of 4479 Posts