Motorcycle Forum banner

4101 - 4120 of 4182 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had a lot of errands to run this morning but I was still able to find a small dam by my house on my way home. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to stop. It was down pouring and just wanted to get home. BUT the as I was getting closer to home the rained slowed down to a light drizzle. This little dam is located on the Little Bushkill Creek.

Here's a close up

·
Registered
97 CBR900RR, 98 VFR800, 05 VTX1800
216 Posts
It's learned. Learnt is only acceptable in Britain and other places who have completely destroyed language it of laziness.

·
Registered
17 Posts
New challenge.......... a picture of your bike parked next to an Indian Motorcycle. Let's make it easy. Any Indian will do but it MUST have the Indian headdress or script on the tank. You will earn extra bragging points if you find an old Indian (motorcycle that is). lol.

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Learnt and learned R okay. Both in the same dictionary. Collins English and American Heritage.
My buddy FFC, four foot chief, will not do. Darn. But I am not going to the big city for the fireworks anyway. UK

·
Registered
623 Posts
Isn't that against club regulations?
You might think so, but no. All brands and types of bikes are welcome. Adventure bikes are predominant, but there are plenty of sport touring, sport, and cruiser bikes (including some Harleys). And a beautifully restored 1974 Yamaha that one member rode to the last meeting.

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
The Porcupine was made by AJS in 1945. In 1949 it won the 500 class in the first world championship road race season. In 019 they had the bike ready to do a lap or two at a MotoGP event, but it was leaking too much oil and did not go around. BMW had been using superchargers, and the AJS was designed to use one. But the rule makers banned them. The Porcupine also won at the IOM. You can often check with Google to find out if what I write has an inkling of truth. UK

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
You might think so, but no. All brands and types of bikes are welcome. Adventure bikes are predominant, but there are plenty of sport touring, sport, and cruiser bikes (including some Harleys). And a beautifully restored 1974 Yamaha that one member rode to the last meeting.
Some of the guys at our bike gang meetings are downsizing. Burgman scooter, 390 Duke, 250 Suzuki, Older 350 Triumph with a side car. Some are still riding fast bikes for old geezers. Often with ex road race experience. Some like one eighty year old with a scary fast Honda, will gladly sell their bikes cheap and downsize. No Indians that I know of. We do get a bunch of older bikes of all types. UK

·
Visionary
3,533 Posts
My wife's Indian riders group is like that too, very welcoming. They ride mostly Indians but you see some others too, Harleys, Goldwing, BMW. Heck they even let me ride with them on my Victorys from time to time..though I guess that makes us cousins anyway.
:)

4101 - 4120 of 4182 Posts