Motorcycle Forum banner

3761 - 3780 of 3878 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Haha yeah.... I knew I was pushing it but that was a half mile out of my drive way. At the gf's request( probably been done before)

Your bike next to a national park/forest sign.

·
American Legion Rider
19,496 Posts
Here ya go goes. Looks like a blue and white at least light-bar on a SUV that some police now use.

Would have helped if you had got a picture from the other side of that SUV to prove it though. What's a few feet to walk?

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
^+1
That was clearly visible in the "further away" pic. Clearly a cop. No where in the country is anyone but the police allowed to use blue lights.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Would have helped if you had got a picture from the other side of that SUV to prove it though. What's a few feet to walk?
I know, I know. Next time I'll make sure it's better. I was going to stop and get a better one.... But it was 75F and not raining so I was in a hurry to get back on the bike 😁

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,036 Posts

I have a lot of those, but atlas they are before the challenge was issued and therefore ineligible.

This is a state park but you get the drift.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,036 Posts
Mine was a previous one as an example, not an entry. Mike's got it for sure.

·
Visionary
3,151 Posts
The next challenge is a photo of your bike with a sign for a Boy Scout Camp.

As a former Scout and Scoutmaster I have many fond memories of Boy Scout camp. I rode past 2 of them today and it got me thinking about how many there are and if this is a viable challenge.

Googling told me there are plenty...Turns out there are 420 of them in the US, they are in every State, and in many other countries too. And unlike many of my usual challenges they are out in the country, not in the cities at all for the most part.

Go find one, and bonus points if you ever stayed there and have a story of that camp to share!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
American Legion Rider
19,496 Posts
I think you got that on a technicality Mike. I was looking up where the nearest National PARK was because I thought they were few and far between in Texas and I'm right. Only 4 sites in Texas has the word PARK in it's name.
Texas National Parks

Code:
https://www.tsl.texas.gov/ref/abouttx/parks.html

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think you got that on a technicality Mike. I was looking up where the nearest National PARK was because I thought they were few and far between in Texas and I'm right. Only 4 sites in Texas has the word PARK in it's name.
Texas National Parks

Code:

It was a NPS site so....I would have taken Padre national seashore or national grasslands etc. I'll have to elaborate better next time as well as get better with my shots 😂

The next challenge is a photo of your bike with a sign for a Boy Scout Camp.

As a former Scout and Scoutmaster I have many fond memories of Boy Scout camp. I rode past 2 of them today and it got me thinking about how many there are and if this is a viable challenge.

Googling told me there are plenty...Turns out there are 420 of them in the US, they are in every State, and in many other countries too. And unlike many of my usual challenges they are out in the country, not in the cities at all for the most part.

Go find one, and bonus points if you ever stayed there and have a story of that camp to share!

Mike do you mean summer camps or just troop retreat style camps? There's a cabin not too far from me that's got camp in the name but hasn't been a functioning summer camp in like 50+ years and it's just the cabin, nothing else. It's owned by a local troop/ rotary club and only used by one troop at a time. I used to work summers at another one about an hour away that had all the different areas (handicraft, waterfront nature, BSI, mess hall, trading Post,etc...) And was used by multiple troops at the same time during the summer.

·
Visionary
3,151 Posts
Texas National Parks

Code:
Yeah, I wasn’t sure either, it was the only NPS site I could think of around here at all so I figured I’d give it a shot and see what the original challenger ruled.

·
Visionary
3,151 Posts
It was a NPS site so....I would have taken Padre national seashore or national grasslands etc. I'll have to elaborate better next time as well as get better with my shots

Mike do you mean summer camps or just troop retreat style camps? There's a cabin not too far from me that's got camp in the name but hasn't been a functioning summer camp in like 50+ years and it's just the cabin, nothing else. It's owned by a local troop/ rotary club and only used by one troop at a time. I used to work summers at another one about an hour away that had all the different areas (handicraft, waterfront nature, BSI, mess hall, trading Post,etc...) And was used by multiple troops at the same time during the summer.
I was thinking more along the lines of the summer camp, with all the lodges etc.
But if the one cabin place says “blah blah blah Boy Scout Camp” on the sign I’ll probably accept it as meeting my challenge the way I stated it. I’m easy.

·
Ace Tuner
2,036 Posts
National Forest was also the challenge.
In East Texas you can't sling a dead cat without it landing in a National Forest.
There is a sign beside the road naming the next national forest you are about to enter.

S F

3761 - 3780 of 3878 Posts